2

"Beta Pari!!"

"Waaah! Mummy!"

Sarah watched the little girl run to her mother who had just appeared. The woman checked the little girl for any injuries before hugging the little girl and crying with her.

Seeing the crying pair in front, Sarah was touched as she was reminded of her mother.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you very much!" The woman, whose eyes were red from crying, profusely expressed her gratitude at Sarah as she tightly held her child. "If not for you..." At that thought, the woman began thanking her again.

Sarah saw the woman's current state and reassured her, "It's okay. It's what I should do."

The mother-daughter pair reminded Sarah of her parents.

She still remembered how she had gone out crying in search of her parents that year, not believing that they had really passed on. Her emotions clouded her judgment and resulted in an accident.

When she woke up, there was no one except the white ceiling of hospital room to stare at like a dead body then finally realisation stuck her that the dreadful night actually happened, it wasn't the nightmare she thought it was.

"I'm sorry; are you all alright?"

The sight of a man coming out from the driver seat reminded Sarah of her being only ten centimeters away from the car's hood. Glaring at the man in reprove, she scolded, "Are you blind?! There's a child in front and you still drove so fast! Do you know that you almost killed someone?!"

Ramesh was filled with much regret and he sincerely apologized, "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! It was all due to my carelessness; I will be more careful next time."

"Next time?" Sarah crooned with a stare.

"No - no. I mean there won't be a next time!" Ramesh stammered, stunned by this beautiful yet innocent looking girl.

As he listened to the commotion outside, Aryan looked at the girl's back, she is about 5"6, she is not like those models with skinny figure he usually hang out with. Her back looks firm like a confident independent girl, the type of girl who is always ready to fight for justice and her rights. Her figure is not visible in those flowery loose fitting kurti of hers.

Just then, his phone rang.

Casting this thought aside, Aryan rolled the window up and answered the phone.

At this time, Sarah turned toward the window that was rolling up and found the blurry figure then turned around.

"...I know," Aryan said calmly. However, when he glanced outside and found that his driver was still being scolded, his handsome forehead began to crease.

"Madam, I know my mistake; I promise I will never make the same mistake, okay?" Ramesh begged, almost as though he was ready to kneel in desperation. He really had not met such an upright girl before.

"He he he!" The little girl in her mother's embrace began to giggle.

"Seeing that you're really regretting this, I'll let you off this time," Sarah said when she saw him begging and decided not to be obstinate anymore.

Ramesh was ecstatic to hear this and swiftly placed name cards in Sarah's and the mother's hands.

"This is my name card; if you are not feeling well, please feel free to call me." Ramesh finally had a chance to finish the task that his boss had given him. After getting his card Sarah turned towards the pair .

Just as Ramesh placed the name cards in their hands, his phone rang.

Seeing the caller name displayed on the phone screen, Ramesh quickly answered it.