37

To her surprise, she found that what was hidden amid the petals was a small, exquisite box.

She blinked and opened it expectantly.

Pak!

Once the box was open, a small figurine in a suit popped out.

This small figurine's hair and suit were a copy of Aryan's.

While she was in a daze, this small figurine's arms suddenly moved, and-

'Sarah, do you like me?'

She was dumbfounded by the small note the small figurine was holding up.

Although she had long realised that this was a meticulously prepared confession from that arrogant jerk, only when she saw this note did she feel that everything was real.

She held the square box in her hand tightly, her eyes filling with tears which blurred her sight.

"Am I dreaming..." she mumbled, her voice wavering.

At this moment, waves of clear, transculant drops drifted from the sky.

The first rain... was finally here.

From the dark yet brightly lit night sky, pure raindrops fell, giving the lights their due embellishment. The raindrops falling from the sky were like flower petals, making this brightly lit place more romantic.

Amid these raindrops was a man in a navy suit walking toward her slowly.

Her gaze had grown hazy by now, so she did not notice that Aryan was striding toward her.

Only when he was merely steps away from her did she notice his presence. The person she was longing in her heart for seemed to appear magically right in front of her.

With her teary eyes from bliss, she lifted her head to look at him.

"Ar-" Aryan, am I dreaming, or are you playing tricks with me? Why... do I see you confessing to me? Instead of throwing the divorce papers at me.

He did not give her a chance to speak at all, though.

"Sarah, I like you." On his handsome and prideful face, a rare awkward expression appeared as his gentle gaze rested on her.

Pound, pound!

She only felt that her heart was no longer hers as it accelerated and pounded erratically. She could not say anything and could only stare at the man in front of her silently and silily.

"From the time that i got you in my life, I've thought a lot and realised that I don't know when but you're already an indispensable part of my life."

He raised his hands to rest them on her cheeks. His fingers then gently wiped her tears away.

"I realised that I... care a lot about you and that I don't want you to leave my sight at any cost. Without you, i feel like there is not a complete me."

Be it his expression or action, everything was very gentle. It was gentle that she had nowhere to flee.

Pound, pound!

She tried hard to see his face but realised that she could not do so because tears were clouding her eyes.

"Sarah, I've never cared so much for a girl, especially a childish girl like you."

A gentle smile suddenly graced his cold lips.

Spotting this smile, she thought that this must be a dream. If not, why would this arrogant fellow smile fondly at her?