4

At Singhania Group of Companies' head office,

In CEO'S office,

Aryan was blasting someone for not doing their work properly.

"Sorry sir, i won't repeat it again"

"Yeah right, you won't be repeating it again because you are fired now. For me, a mistake is a mistake and work is proper work, there is no chance of negligence. And you know what? This is not your first time doing this mistake again, when i told you make some corrections and come back, you just brought the same thing again without any corrections. I gave you a chance but you didn't value it. Now you have two options, .. either you resign or i will fire you, do you get it? Now get out. I don't wanna see you ever again in my company"

Mrs. Reena, his secretary who was standing there while he was blasting the employee was shocked to see his anger, he then turns to her after sending that person out.

"He should be out of this company till morning"

Mrs. Reena nods her head in fear and runs out from there afraid of her boss's outburst. Though she has been working with him from past six year, she fears his wrath, and not only her but all the employees fear his wrath.

He hates clumsiness at work, he can't tolerate negligence and carelessness to the core. When people don't do their work properly his anger reaches at its peak.

After blasting at his employee, he goes to the terrace garden which he specially instructed to build, he breathes some fresh air "why...why ...why...just why she is not getting of my mind. This is fucking irritating. Just go away you witch"

He sat there until night. His employees and even his secretaries went home on his orders. He wanted to calm his mind down. He knows he is being irrational blaming that girl. He can't falter, never. Then he also left his office and went to home.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Next day morning,

Sarah abruptly sat up in her bed, her heart hammering against her ribcage.

She ran a shaky hand through her hair and squeezed her eyes shut. Her lips wobbled as tears pooled behind her eyelids. No matter how much she tried to brush the haunting past away, the pain would always catch up.

Soon, droplets of salty tears fell from her eyes. She struggled to properly breathe, hiccuping for gasps of air.

In the cold, dark, and lonely room, she broke down. She wished it had been just a nightmare and not a memory from the past.

Collapsing onto her bed, Sarah stared at the bleak and endless darkness.

She had sworn she would forget the past and move on. To some extent, she did. But nightmares, the one she just experienced, forced her to become aware of the painful past that would forever haunt her.

Because the darkness allowed Sarah to reminisce without any distractions, she didn't hear the knocking from her door.

The light knock became harsher and louder. It echoed throughout the hollow, empty room. One knock turned into two, then three, then four, until it became excruciatingly rapid. Without warning, the door slammed open.

A beautiful woman strutted into the room.

Tirtha stopped in front of Sarah's bed with a scowl. She crossed her arms and glared down at her like a mother waking up her daughter for school. "It's 11: 30, and you're still in bed?!" She tugged and pulled at Sarah's blankets.

"Thi yaar, please let me sleep a bit longer..." Sarah mumbled, snuggling into her blankets.

Sarah will not deny the fact that she really lost her parents and her past full of happiness and laughter with her parents. She couldn't change the past, but she knew she could change her future, which was why she worked so hard to become a better person and to make her father's dream come true.

"Are you daydreaming ? Did you hear what I just said?" Tirtha fumed when Sarah didn't respond back to her.

"You said it was 11:30, but my room doesn't feel like it. You are clearly lying. It might be morning- hey!" Sarah yelped when Tirtha flung the blanket off of her.

"No, it's cold..." Sarah moaned, curling up into a ball.

"Ugh, why are your curtains so thick and dark? There's no natural lighting in this room! And are you trying to freeze yourself to death by lowering the temperature of AC to this degree!?" Tirtha walked to the long curtains that covered the tall windows and turned off the AC.

"No, wait! I'm not ready for the light-" Too late. Tirtha had already pulled the curtains open.

Immediately, the bright rays of the afternoon sun soaked into the room, washing all of the melancholic darkness away.

Because Sarah's condo was on the fifth-highest floor of the tall apartment complex, the sunlight was stronger than ever.

Groaning at the intrusion of light, Sarah buried her head into her pillow. She refused to get up, but she knew Tirtha would force her out of the bed regardless. "Can't you leave me here to wallow in my sorrow?" Her voice came out muffled.

"What are you talking about? What sorrows? " Tirtha chided, adjusting the curtain strings.

Sarah kept quiet while looking at the celling above her.

Tirtha sat on top of the bed and sighed, running a gentle hand through Sarah's hair. "Did you have any nightmare?" She softly asked, stroking her friend's hair. She knows there is something in her friend's life which is painful enough to kill herself. she wishes that one day her friend would open up to her about everything. She just hopes for that day when her dear friend will be free from her pain and get the share of her happiness she deserves.

After a few seconds of silence, Sarah said meekly "Yes. It was, it was truly a terrific nightmare, even if i wanna forget it. It never leaves me like a lifetime thing of my life "

"I know it happens with everyone. These nightmare are not the part of your life Sarah, not anymore. Your real life is your present and future one. Fight for what you truly deserve" Tirtha said seriously looking into Sarah's eyes.

"Hey, why are you being this serious? It was just usual nightmare. I can handle it really well. Now tell me what time is it?" Sarah said tapping Tirtha's shoulder then she got up from the bed and took her mobile which was on bedside table.

Tirtha also got up and said "I already told you miss daydream, it is eleven thirty, you know 11 and 30"

"What!!!?, Then why did you wake me up? Didn't we all decide to get one week vacation? " Sarah was shocked that she really slept this long.

"Yes, you are right, my miss Suru but a normal human being doesn't sleep like this. My Sarah won't sleep this late ever"

"Oh god!!!, now i remember, this whole one week I decided to spend with my children, how can I be this irresponsible? I have never been like this" Sarah thought hard then she remember that she had taken some different sleeping medicine at night. "May be those sleeping medicines"

"I know that is why i was worried when you didn't pick up my call and ran here immediately. I thought something happened to you. And you know what? I was really shocked to see a pig sleeping on your bed!" Tirtha said while clicking her tongue out.

"He he, very funny. I almost died from laughing. Now i am gonna take bath. It is only two hours, i have to do fast, I also want to prepare some cookies for them"

"You miss goody, don't dare to do anything else without having breakfast. Do you get it? Come out then eat the breakfast i bought" Tirtha ordered with a furious look.

"Okay, i will. I promise" then she went into bathroom taking her bathrobe in her hands.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Happy reading ❤️

Like,💞

Comment,

Share😊