Dark and Light

Standing by my Chevy Nova I wiped the blood from my nose. Getting hit by my dad was not something I liked but had to endure everyday. I guess telling him that I couldn't help him was a bad idea. Tuning up my Nova was the only thing that let me escape from my dark world. As I finished I decided to go for a drive. Speeding off down the dirt, the wind running through my hair I felt free. It was the only freedom I got. Returning home was not what I wanted but I had no where else to go. I snuck in my room to avoid my dad. I never understood why he was the way he was. As far as I knew he had a good childhood. It could be the large amounts of alcohol he consumes everyday. As I got into my room I laid in my thinking. Thinking about how dark my world really was. I am a twenty-two year old single guy that lives with his abusive father. I am a high school drop out because my dad said education was stupid. I have no friends. I am alone in this world. Who in their right mind would love anyone like me? 

"Lilly come to my closet." My mom always wanted me to show me her new clothes she got. I loved when she showed me hers because I got to show her mine. My mom and I were very close. Well our family was very close. We did everything together. We were a very happy family. I don't want to say our happiness comes from the wealth we have but I do think that brings us closer. My father was president and C.E.O. of his own insurance agency. I was proud to be his daughter and he was proud to be my dad. I was a straight A+ student at Drake University studying Medical. I want to work as a nurse. I always loved helping people and giving back to the older generations. My dad and mom always taught me that education was the best thing. It would open a lot of doors for me. I sat on my bed talking to my mom like I did almost every night. We talked about girl stuff, boys and how school was. After mom left I laid in bed thinking. Thinking about how lucky I was to have all that I have. I am a twenty-two year old girl living the dream. I have everything I could ask for. I have good parents, a nice car, a straight A+ in school, and a bunch of friends that love me and I love them. I couldn't ask for a better life. I wish I could help the people in this world who need someone to love them.