The Past In The Past

I didn't have school today so I was able to go out to the barn to see Logan. I couldn't believe I was falling for him and I knew nothing about him. I didn't know anything about his past or where he came from. I wanted to ask him but I was afraid of how he would react. I should probably wait for him to tell me when he is ready. I ran down stairs to grab breakfast before heading out. Our maid was cleaning the kitchen when I got down there. As I grabbed a yogurt and apple from the fridge she gave a sarcastic look.

"What?"

"You are going to see that boy aren't you?" She said facetiously.

"How do you know about him?"

"I saw you sneaking him in and out while your parents were gone."

"He needs my help."

"You don't need to explain anything to me. Go have fun."

I left in a hurry to get out to the barn. I wanted to spend as much time as I could with him. I got out to the barn to find him riding my horse. He rode up to me and hopped off. He looked like he had been working hard. He had sweat running down his back and chest. There has hay in his hair and dirt on his hands. Even being dirty I found myself more and more attracted to him. He ask me a question that looked like he had been thinking about it for awhile.

" Miss Lilly will you go on a ride with me? I have something to show and tell you."

"I thought you would never ask Sir Logan." I said in a sassy tone.

We started riding down the path that led to a large hill with a breath taking view of the trees. I couldn't believe that I lived here my whole and never knew this was here. I loved scenic views like this.

"How did you find this place Logan?" I said with amazement.

"I went for a ride and stumbled on it. Pretty amazing huh?"

"It is breath taking."

"Lilly the reason I brought you here was to talk to you about something. My past to be exact. You should know everything. I think you deserve it."

"Oh ok. I would love to know." I said thinking he read my mind.

"Ok here it goes. First I lied about the school thing. I went to school up until 5th grade. I was a smart kid in school. I got good grades and went to all my classes. I was a troubled kid though. I got into a lot of fights and arguments with other students. One day as I went into the bathroom I was cornered by three older students. One of them was mad at me for talking to their girlfriend. I asked her a simple math problem but it was enough to get him mad at me. I was able to take out the other to boys because my dad taught me how to fight. Then the last one came at me and I had no chance. He was twice my size and build at the time. He grabbed me, through me down on the floor and began choking me. I couldn't do anything. Just as the light almost left my body I grabbed a pencil from my pocket, closed my eyes and through my hand towards him. I felt the breath go back into my lungs as a body lay on top of me. After getting my breath back I moved his body off me. I checked his body for a pulse but he was lifeless. I couldn't believe that I took the life of someone at that age. I ran out of the school and all the way home. I told my dad what had happen and he beat me to an inch of my life. I couldn't ever go back to school or show my face again. That's why I wanted to end my life. I took the life of someone so why did I deserve to live."

"I am so sorry Logan. I know it was an accident. You had to do it so you wouldn't get hurt." I said as I wiped the tears from my eyes.

"I figured you would of started running from me. I didn't expect you to handle it so easily." He said with a sigh of relief.

"It was in the past. The past is in the past is what my mom always says. Speaking of I better get back they will be asking about me soon." I said mounting my horse and riding back to the barn.

We got back to the barn I walked over to my car and Logan followed. I turned and gave him a big hug and kiss and told him that didn't think any different about him. In fact I adored him even more for being so truthful. I sat in my car watching him put the horses up. I couldn't help myself but I was falling in love with him.