The Agreement

We started driving back to my house I couldn't take my eyes off him. He was good looking. He looked strong but had a gentleness about him. I wanted to keep talking to him but wasn't sure what to say. I didn't want to say anything that would offend him.

"So I've never seen you at school?" I asked hesitantly.

"Yeah my dad never let me go. He told me education was a waste of time."

"I'm sorry that you had to go through that. It must of been hard for you."

"I don't need you to feel sorry for me." He said in a stern tone.

"Sorry." I said now paying attention to the road.

"I didn't mean it like that. It's just I have never had anyone care about me like this. I don't know how to handle it."

There was a silence that crept through the car. I knew I had to do something to help him. I know my parents wouldn't let him stay with us. I then realized that they were gone for two weeks. It would be fine until they got back. Once they got back I would move him out to our barn. My dad loved horses so he had a barn built about a mile from our house. I wondered if my dad would hire him to be a hand for the horses. He talked about getting someone to take care of them the days he couldn't get out there. My dad wouldn't have to know that Logan was staying out there. I couldn't believe that I was helping this complete stranger. I didn't know anything about him other than he has had a hard life and wanted it over. I saw something in him that I couldn't explain. I saw someone trapped in need of an escape. I wanted to do anything I could to help him.

"We're here. This is my house." I said getting out of the car.

"Nice place you got here. Better than the shack I was living in."

"I'll show you to your room."

"Wait I can't stay here. Don't you live with your parents? They will kill me if they find me here." He said frightened.

"No, It's okay they are gone for two weeks. When they get back I'll have you go to our barn. It'll be fine."

"I don't feel right about staying here."

"You don't have a choice. You told me that you owe me. This is my agreement. You will stay here and let me help you. No questions asked. You got me?" I gave him a look of determination.

"Okay." That was all he could get out. I probably scared him a little. I didn't want to scare him I just wanted to let him know that I was serious about helping him. I walked him up the stairs and down the hall to the guest bedroom. As he walked in he looked around at all the stuff in the room. Most of it was art and statues. It looked like he had never seen anything like it before. I told him that tomorrow we would go to town to get him some new clothes. He nodded as I left the room and shut the door. I went into my room and got ready for bed. I laid there hoping I didn't make a mistake in bringing him here. I hoped when I woke up he would still be here. I only hoped he would stick to our agreement.