The Reuniting

It had been about a year since I had the small fight with my parents. Luckily we had made up and are getting along better now that they have an understanding.

"Nurse Edwards to the nursing station at your nearest convenience."

I knew it was lunch time with my parents but they came on a day that they normally wouldn't. They must of had to change the day that they came. I got around the corner and to my disbelieve I didn't see my parents. I saw the back of someone tall and with dark clothes on. I didn't know who this person was from the back. As I got closer I asked how I could help them. They turned and my heart went into a fast rapid beat.

"Hi Lilly How are you?" Logan said with the biggest smile.

"Logan?" I said hugging him as tight as I could.

"I know this is out of nowhere but can I take you out tonight? I really want to talk to you and reunite our old times." He said as we walked outside of the building.

"Umm sure I'd love that. I get off at four so why don't I meet you at the café in town at six." I said still in shock that he was here.

"Sounds good Lilly. I'll see you then." He said as he headed towards his nice brand new looking truck.

I couldn't believe that the guy who told me to forget him is now here wanting to see me again. I had a lot of questions for him. I would have to wait until later to ask.

It was almost six when I got to the café. I walked in to find he was already there waiting for me. I walked over as he stood up and gave me a hug.

"How have you been Lilly? I see you are a nurse." He said looking very happy.

"Yes I am one of head nurses and leading RN's at Cedar View. I have been good. Busy working." I said as we ordered food.

"How have you been? What have you done since you got out?" I said trying to get out as many questions as I could.

"I've been doing better than I was. I went through a real dark time. I was drinking to ease the pain and going to a crummy job and apartment. Now things are looking up for me. I am now a partner at an automotive company and in line to be owner." He said never looking away from my eyes.

"Wow Logan I am really proud of you. You really turned your life around." I said reaching for his hand and holding it.

Nothing was said for a few minutes but I had one finally question for him. "Why did you tell me to forget you? You knew I loved you and was willing to wait for you. Didn't you love me?" I said hoping I wasn't crossing any boundaries.

"I did love you and I still do. I didn't want you to wait me because at the time I thought you deserved better than the monster I was. I didn't know love and hated the world. I wanted you to be with someone who could love you the best way possible. The way that I can't." He said with a single tear running down his face.

"Logan what you did was for me and no one is more grateful than I am. You weren't a monster in my eyes just someone lost and in need of light. I wanted to be that light for you. You need me and I wanted you. We had so many amazing moments and I want them back." I said giving him my genuine feelings.

We paid for our bill and walked outside. I gave him a hug that seemed to last forever. At least that is what I wanted. He asked me if wanted to see what he had accomplished. I was off for the weekend so I told him I would. He gave me his address and headed towards his car not before he gave me a kiss. It was a kiss that I remember. I looked at the address and found that he lived about three hours from here. To think he was so close and yet so distant. I couldn't wait to see what all he had done with his life.