New Friends

Y/N finished brushing their hair and smoothed out their outfit, ready for their first day of  the new school year in the new town.

Y/N walked out of the bathroom and into their room, feeding Pudgy before leaving to catch the bus.

Slugging their backpack onto their shoulders, the tired teen left the apartment, locking it behind them and jogging down the hall to the elevator.

Ding!

The elevator light light lit up as Y/N pressed the down arrow, calling the elevator. The doors slid open after a moment and Y/N stepped in, standing beside the man already in the elevator.

Y/N clicked the button for the lobby and stepped back, resting against the back wall of the elevator.

The doors slid shut and the elevator shook a bit as it began it's decent. Y/N tapped their foot, taking out their headphones and phone from their backpack and playing their favorite song.

Y/N put their headphones on and began bopping their head to the music. The elevator then dinged and the doors opened to the lobby. Y/N walked out behind the man and out onto the street, walking down to the stop sign to wait for the bus. When they got there, there was already two other people waiting as well.

The group waited for about 10 minutes before the bus pulled up and they all got on.

When they arrived at school, Y/N took a deep breath as they stepped off the bus.

"Here we go, Eastland High, do me good," Y/N mumbled, gripping their backpack straps tightly before following the crowd of students into the school.

After getting their schedule, Y/N decided to show up to their first class before the bell rang to make sure they were in the right place. When Y/N arrived at their first class, it was an elective. One they had chosen. Photography class, it was both an elective and an after school club. Y/N was in both.

Y/N put away their headphones and phone, waving at the teacher. The tall, blond man waved back with a smile and went back to his computer.

"Are you new?" Asked a feminine voice from the other side of the room. Y/N glanced around and smiled at a short, burgundy haired girl.

"Yeah, I'm Y/N L/N, what's your name?" Y/N responded, walking over to the girl and sitting down beside her, placing their book-bag on the floor under the desk.

"April! April O'Neil!" the girl grinned. Y/N took out their notebook and set their pen out on the desk.

As the day pushed on, Y/N ended up having several classes with April and was happy to have made a friend on their first day in the new school.

"hey, Y/N!" April shouted as everyone began leaving the classroom. Y/N stopped and allowed April to catch up with them.

"what's up April?" inclined Y/N as they walked beside one another.

"wanna hang out after school today?" April asked

"sure, just us or will there be anyone else?"

"well, a few other kids from school, they are in our third period, we are all going to the mall, if you wanna come,"

"of course, my parents won't care, when are we meeting up?"

"is in about an hour good for you?"

"Absolutely, I'll see you then!"

Y/N ended the conversation as the two went their separate ways.

When Y/N arrived home and went inside, they set their things down and went to their room to check on their parakeet.

"Pudgy, im home!" Y/N called happily as they opened their bedroom door.

Pudgy chirped a happy response as Y/N opened the cage and picked up their blue bird. Y/N fed Pudgy a treat and smiled as he munched.

Ding!

Y/N looked down at their phone. Huh, a message? It was from their mother.

"Going to be out late again, be back around 10-11 tonight. Make sure not to make a mess of the apartment." It read. Y/N sighed and messaged her back.

"Okay, see you later. Love you"

...

No response. Y/N stood up and walked over to their desk, backpack in hand, to do some homework to pass the time. As they worked, Pudgy flew over and watched, bringing his treat with him to eat as he watched his owner write out math problems.

Eventually an hour passed and Y/N put Pudgy back in his cage before packing a mini backpack with their credit card, their phone, and their mini first aid kit. Just in case.

"Be good Pudgy, I'll be back soon, love you!" Y/N spoke to their bird in a gentle tone before leaving the apartment, locking the door behind them.

When they got to the mall, Y/N waiting outside until they spotted April.

"April!" Y/N happily shouted, waving at April. April waved back and jogged over, hugging Y/N tightly. Y/N flinched at April's quick movements but hugged her back and she didn't seem to notice the teen's initial response.

Once two other teens arrived, April introduced them to Y/N.

"Y/N, this is Dan and Kennedy," the two boys shook hands with Y/N and smiled.

"Nice to meet you," Y/N said. The boys nodded in acknowledgment and began walking inside. Y/N and April followed.

As the four shopped, buying clothes and trinkets, they began to get hungry and decided to head to the food court.

"Oh! They have (f/f)(favorite fast food place)" Y/N smiled.

"You like (f/f)?" Asked Kennedy, running his hand through his auburn hair and chuckling a bit.

"Yeah, what's wrong with (f/f)?" Y/N asked in response.

"(F/f) sucks!" He replied. April rolled her eyes and walked over to Y/N.

"Then you guys go get food elsewhere, we are getting some (f/f)" she said, taking Y/N's arm and pulling them towards the (f/f) counter.

The boys shrugged and walked away to another counter, joking with one another.

"Sorry about that, they can get a bit blunt at times," April chuckled, admitting she didn't know they would be rude as she had only known them a short while.

Suddenly, someone shrieked and shouted "bug", catching the attention of everyone in the food court. Some voices laughed in response and shouted "got ya!" back and people relaxed, no longer paying attention. Y/N and April looked back too see four guys in hoodies laughing together.

April sighed and said for Y/N to go ahead and order and that she had to use the bathroom. Y/N nodded and began walking up to the counter again, looking back at the group. When they did, they locked eyes with the largest of the group for a moment. He immediately looked away and back at the other three.

Y/N thought nothing of it and began ordering food for April and themself.

Meanwhile, April didn't go to the bathroom, but instead over to the group.

"What are you guys doing here?" She asked.

"Calm down April we aren't following you, we are just here for some good old shopping," remarked the blue hooded one, putting his hands in his pockets and leaned back against the table.

April groaned and told them not to mess us her normal day out. The four laughed and agreed, going back to joking with one another. The red clad turtle, however, kept glancing over at April's friend.

April then returned to her friend and the two found a seat at a table on the other side of the room from the group of turtles. Dan and Kennedy eventually got their food and found the others, sitting with them and munching down on their meals.

The group of teenagers' meals were interrupted however when a loud 'boom' was heard from a shop and everyone's attention was drawn to a bakery where the wall was blown out and in the debris and dust stood a huge pig-man!