Rescue Plan

(Sorry for the slightly late post, I'm recovering from a pretty big car crash yesterday, but Im alright now, here is the next chapter!)

WOOSH~

The turtles grinned as the doorway to the hidden city opened. One by one, they jumped in, falling down and landing as quietly as the could out by the back of Baron Draxum's lab.

Raphael made his way in the door Donnie pointed too and his brothers followed.

"Left here," Donnie whispered, looking down at his wrist tech and back up at his brother. Raph nodded and followed Donnie's directions until they came across the lab.

"Mikey, get ready, if I give the signal, that means he is here, I'm going to check, stay here," Raph ordered, crouching low and sneaking out into the lab. He looked around for a moment and upon not seeing Draxum, turned to his brothers and gave them a thumbs up.

The three turtles ran out and over to Raph. The group looked around until Raph spotted the cage Y/N was sitting in.

"Y/N!" Raph smiled, running up to the cage.

"No! No, no, no! Raph you have to get out of here!" Y/N stood up, placing their hands on the vine bars of the cage.

"What?! No! Not without you, I will not leave you behind!" Raph shook his head, placing his hands on Y/N's. Y/N would have been flustered if they weren't so worried.

"No, Raph you don't understand, it's a trap!" Y/N pulled their hands away. The warmth of their hands leaving Raph's made him uncomfortable. He wanted to hold them, keep them safe. What were they talking about a trap?

"What?" Raph asked but got his answer as he heard his brothers shout his name.

Raph whipped his head around to see his brothers fighting off purple vines. Draxum's vines!

Raph grabbed his tonfās and ran forward, slamming his fists together and making a red shield around them to attack him with.

Just as he moved away from the cage, the bars opened and a vine grabbed Y/N, hoisting them into the air. Raph turned and punched the vine. It relied back in pain and dropped Y/N.

"Y/N!" Raph jumped forwards, arms outstretched to catch Y/N. Unfortunately, another vine wrapped itself around Raph, pulling him back as another caught Y/N.

Raph struggled for a moment as his brother became stuck as well. Then, Draxum came out from another room, his gargoyles perched on his shoulders laughing loudly.

"Ah, my creations have arrived, I see you took my bait well," Draxum bellowed, waving his hands and drawing the vines to hold the turtles and human closer. Draxum held Y/N's face, gently turning it to look at the turtles.

"You seem to care for them deeply, huh, turtles?" Draxum smirked. Leo glanced at Raph to see him gritting his teeth. seething with anger the snapping turtle struggled against the vines wrapped tightly around him in an effort to free himself.

"Let. Them. Go." Raph growled, his voice full of hatred and anger as he glared at Draxum.

His brothers were a bit surprised at how intimidatingly he spoke. Of course Draxum was not scared.

"And why should I do that?" Draxum let go of Y/N's face and stood up straight. Y/N glared at the sheep man, rubbing their chin on their shoulder as best they could to remove the feeling of his grasp.

Raph couldn't answer. He wasn't sure how to. What could he say? 'Because I said so' was not right answer at the moment, he couldn't free himself let alone Y/N and his brothers at the moment.

He simply glared at the sheep, unable to utter an answer.

Draxum seemed satisfied with this and tossed the 5 into separate cages, activating the shields around that that disabled any use of mystic powers, effectively rendering their weapons useless.

"Y/N! Y/N!" Raph began shouting, pounding on the barrier between his cage and theirs.

"Raph! Raph it's no use the barrier is too strong!" Leo yelled as his older brother who was attempted to use his tonfās so no avail.

"No! I'm supposed to protect you guys! Take care of you! I have to do this! I have to protect you!" Raph yelled back, Slamming his fist together. To everyone's surprise, even Draxum, who had been on his way out the door but had turned back upon hearing the commotion, Raphael's action caused the barrier to shatter as he made a large shield of red mystic energy around himself.

Raph slammed his fists down on the barriers of Y/N and Leo's cages first, breaking them. He then freed his other brothers and dropped his shield, running to Y/N and hugging them tightly.

"Y/N! Thank the pizza supreme you're okay!" He cried. Y/N hugged the turtle back and laughed, the adrenaline and excitement of the moment running through their vains and making the moment feel like it was much longer than it was.

Both teenagers, stuck in the moment and feeling of one another's arms, didn't notice Draxum angrily turn to the group. Luckily his brothers did and all ran over, putting themselves between Draxum and their brother, ready to defend them.

"How did you do that?! Those barriers should have taken away your weapons mystic abilities!" Draxum shouted, frustration in his voice.

"Yeah, well, It can't stop our big bro!" Mikey laughed.

"Yeah! His love for his family and friends is stronger than anything you try and contain it with!" Leo added.

Raph let go of Y/N and turned to face Draxum. Y/N stayed behind Raph.

"That is not exactly how it works in a literal sense but you get the idea!" Donnie added to his brothers' sentiment.

Y/N chuckled and put their hands up to fight if needed. Raph glanced at them, confused.

"I want to help. I might not be very good but I can throw a punch, I want to help you guys!" Y/N answered the unasked question Raph was thinking. Raph smiled and turned back to Draxum.

Draxum glared them before getting an idea. His face shifted to a sly grin and everyone knew he had gotten a bad idea.

The turtles and Y/N watched as Draxum stood up straight and folded his hands behind his back.

Then, a vine shot up from the ground behind the group and be-lined it towards them.