The last kiss

He had to think of a plan, and fast!

"Now, all of you, into those cages," Draxum pointed at the cages the group had been stuck in before. The turtles and April slowly walked to their own individual cells, stepping in and letting the shields and vines close without so much as a word.

"Now put Y/N down!" Raph shouted, unsure if the yokai could hear him. The others certainly didn't when he tried to tell them it was a trap.

Draxum raised an eyebrow, unable to hear the turtle. He did, however, have the vines place Y/N in a cage of their own.

As the vines released Y/N, they took a long gasp for air. The vines had been holding them so tight their lungs could barely expand.

"What am I going to do now, I don't have my tonfās like last time! Think Raph! Think!" Raph mentally scolded himself, pacing his cage and trying his hardest to think of something.

Y/N let themself fall to the ground, laying out and taking deep breaths as their head spun from the lack of oxygen.

"Now, children, you will do as I say, or the ones you hold so dearly will not make it out of this lab alive." Draxum announced, his voice being heard through the mystic shields between him and the teenagers before him.

The turtles knew he was talking about April and Y/N, they were their human friends and the only ones Draxum was willing to get rid of. He needed the turtles.

Draxum turned to his gargoyles upon his shoulder and spoke to them, unfortunately, the team was unable to hear what he was saying. Y/N sat up, now able to breathe.

The six watched as Draxum turned and waved his vines to set him down. They did so and the hoofed yokai walked out of the room, again speaking to the small creatures on his shoulders.

"What am I supposed to do! Damn it!" Raph thought aloud. The turtle slammed his hands against the glowing orange shield, frustrated. Of course it had no effect.

Donnie began typing on his wrist tech, it still worked!

Everyone heard a "ding" and realized they still had their phones on them, Donnie had sent them all a message! The mystic shields luckily didn't interfere with the technology Donnie had engineered himself. They quickly pulled them out and opened a group video chat.

"Guys! Y/N, are you hurt? How badly, that looked like it hurt!" Raph was the first one to talk.

"Im okay Raphie, just a bruised rib, I'll be alright," Y/N chuckled in response.

Raph was about to say something when April cleared her throat.

"Guys, how are we going to get out of this?" She asked, worried.

"Raph, can you smash out like last time?" Mikey asked.

"No can do little bro, I don't have my tonfās," Raph sat down on the floor.

"Maybe we can wait for Draxum to come back and open the cages and then we all ambush him and get our weapons back, they are right there!" Leo suggested, pointing at their weapons on the ground a little bit away from the cages.

"What if he only lets one of us out at a time, then we won't be able to ambush him, none of us could take him one on one," Donnie stated. Leo snapped his fingers and huffed.

"Wait! Guys! I still have my knife!" Y/N noted with a grin as they pulled the blade out of their pocket and opened it, showing it to the camera.

"Okay, what is it going to do? Do you think you can get the shields down with it or something?" April asked.

"Highly unlikely that a small pocket knife could take down a mystic shields built to withstand someone physically stronger than Raph and most mystic weapons and powers," Donnie said.

"Still worth trying," Y/N set their phone down on the ground beside them as they got on their knees and began trying to cut the shield at the base where it met the ground.

There was a long moment of silence as everyone watched from their cells and waited, not expecting it to work but still hoping so.

"Guys! It's working! I think?" Y/N picked up their phone and flipped the camera to show where they had been prying with the knife. They had found a weak spot in the connection between the shield and concrete floor and had managed to wedge the blade into place. There was visible tension as the shield seemed to be under strain from the angle the knife was wedged in.

"Y/N, from the way the shield looks, you should be able to pop it open!" Donnie looked closely at the holographic screen displayed before him from his wrist tech.

Y/N grinned and set the phone down again.

"Alright Donald, how do i do this, walk me through it,"

"Okay, see the stress lines forming on the shield where the knife is wedged?"

"Yeah?"

"Turn the knife so that it pushes against those, and turn hard! You have to try and get it to break."

"Got it,"

Y/N did as he said and turned the knife. There was an audible cracking and squeaking as the shield reacted to the pressure much like glass would. Everyone watched with anticipation as Y/N continued to turn the knife until-

POP! CRASH!

The shield shattered from the pressure, splitting into thousands of small fragments. However, unlike glass, the fragments de-materialized as they flew out. Now all that contained Y/N were thin green vines, which they cut with ease using their pocket knife.

Everyone threw their hands up in celebration as Y/N stood up, grabbing their phone and darting towards the button on the wall that shut down the shields and opened the cages holding their friends. Everyone clicked off the video call and put their phones away as the shields fell and the vines opened.

While the others ran for their weapons, Raph ran for Y/N, wrapping his arms around them and pulling them close.

The red clad terrain kissed Y/N excitedly. Y/N laughed and kissed him back.

"What was that for?" Y/N chuckled as the kiss ended. Raph blushed and shrugged.

"Just, happy your okay! I don't know when we are going to get another moment with all this chaos," He replied.

"Fair point," Y/N smiled and kissed Raph again. Raphael's blush deepened as he returned the kiss.

"Uh, guys! You're a very cute couple and all but we've got to go!" April shouted.

Both teenagers turned red as they looked over to see April and the turtles staring at them. Mikey awed at them while Donnie and Leo had shit-eating grins on their faces. April on the other hand was not as exciting to be wasting time in Draxum's lab.

"Sorry," Raph said, looking down at the ground as he let go of Y/N. Y/N took his hand and they joined the group, Raph picking up his weapons when they did.

"Come on, lets get out of here," Donnie stated.

"I don't think so," Draxum's voice sounded from the hallway. Everyone groaned and Raph's grip on Y/N's hand tightened ever-so-slightly.