Safe and Sound. For Now.

"Mayhem come back here!" April groaned, chasing the teleporting cat-like creature around the room. Y/N watched, amused, and finished their drink. It had been about 10 minutes since they'd messaged Leo and the turtles said they were on their way.

Mayhem continued to pop around the room until he became tired and teleported into Y/N's lap. Y/N was startled at first but smiled and pet the creature.

"Awe, Mayhem likes you!" April sat down beside them. Y/N set their empty cup down on the side table beside April's bed and continued to pet Mayhem.

Suddenly, their was a frantic knocking on the front door and Mayhem teleported away.

"I bet that's the boys," April jested, standing up. Y/N stood too and followed April out into the living room. Y/N waited in the middle of the room while April went to the door. When she opened it, Raph bursted in, panicked, and looked around frantically.

"Y/N! Oh thank the pizza supreme you are safe!" He shouted, running over and hugging them tightly. Y/N patted his arm as the hug was a bit too tight. Raph apologized and loosened his grip, not letting them go though.

Y/N hugged him back as his brothers walking in.

"Raph don't yell my parents are still asleep!" April hissed at him, closing the door.

"Sorry April, I was just really worried," Raphael rubbed his neck, slightly embarrassed.

The large turtle let go of Y/N and took a step back.

"Hey, Leo," Y/N turned to the nervous terrapin.

"Yeah?" He replied.

"Watch where you're portaling next time!" Y/N stated harshly, still keeping their voice down.

"Yeah! You are lucky April found them before someone else did!" Raph added.

"Sorry!" Leo threw his hands up defensively.

Raph sat down on the couch and took a deep breath.

"You alright big guy?" Y/N asked, walking over to stand in front of him.

"Yeah I just.. I was so worried. What if something had happened to you or you were caught?!" Raph looked down at his legs. He couldn't look Y/N in the eyes right now. He felt that if he did he'd start to cry, and he couldn't understand why.

"Well hey, I didn't get caught, nothing happened to me, Im okay," Y/N assured in a calm voice, placing a hand on Raph's shoulder.

"But what if something like this happens again and you do get caught?!" Raph anxiously gripped the couch cushions below him. Y/N thought for a moment about how to respond.

"I don't know. But I do know that I'm okay now and that is all that matters at the moment," Y/N let go of Raphael's shoulder and lightly lifted his face so their eyes met.

Raph felt tears threaten to spill from his eyes as he watched Y/N's soft expression. Not wanting them to see him cry, Raph pulled Y/N into his lap and hugged them close. With his face now out of Y/N's sight, he allowed the tears of mixed emotions to fall. Relief, stress, worry. His brothers and April watched everything unfold silently, unsure how to help in the situation.

Y/N threw their arms around Raph's shoulders, hugging him back.

"It's okay Raphie, I'm here, I'm safe," Y/N whispered. Raph felt his stomach do flips and his chest grow light as he held the teenager close.

When Raph finally calmed down, he let go of Y/N and smiled at them.

"Are you alright now?" Y/N asked, letting go as well but not moving from the snapping turtle's lap. Raph nodded, wiping a tear away from his cheek.

"Guys, I don't mean to ruin this adorable moment, but, the sun is gonna rise soon and we have to get home before that happens," Donnie cut in.

"Yeah, I. I guess we should get going," Raph chuckled, looking at his brother. April took out her phone and nodded her head.

"Yeah, my parents are gonna wake up soon for work, they'd freak if they saw 4 turtles and a stranger in our living room," she said.

Y/N stood up and held their hand out for Raph. He took it and stood up as well, not using them as too much support because he'd probably pull them over if he did.

Raph let go of Y/N's hand and followed them and his brothers out the door.

April waved bye to them before shutting the door and the group made their way down the hall and stairs outside of the apartment building.

Once outside, Leo pulled out his sword.

"Don't worry guys, I'll get us home," he smiled and turned to his brothers and friend. Everyone glared at him and Y/N took a step closer to Raph.

"Don't you dare Leon, you got us into this situation," Donnie grumbled.

"Come on, I wasn't focusing last time, I'll get it this time I promise!" Leo argued. Y/N wrapped their arms around Raph's arm incase Leo really did open a portal as they didn't want to be separated from him in the case of another portal mishap.

Raph looked at Y/N then his younger brother.

"Open that portal and you will regret it, Leonardo," Raph growled, his voice low and serious. Everyone was startled by this as they had never heard him say Leo's full name, let alone in a tone like that.

Leo sheathed his sword without another word, sweat beading on his forehead. Y/N loosened their grip but still did not let go of Raph.

The group was awkwardly quiet as a quick moment passed.

"We should.. we should get going," Y/N broke the silence, pausing to yawn. Raph nodded and the tension seemed to ease up as the group began walking down the street.