Bad News

(Yes i made a whole fake article for the image, I'm puttin' in the effort baby)

This is how it was for the next 2 months.

Y/N waking up and spending their day with the boys and Splinter in the lair. April bringing them their school work for them to do. The boys running off to fight some mutant or yokai and coming back all banged up. Donnie treating Y/N's wounds with Raph there to comfort them. Going to bed. Having nightmares and ending up snuggling with Raph to get back to sleep.

It became a routine everyone got used to.

Y/N was finally able to move freely without being in constant pain from their, now nearly healed, wounds.

"Y/N! That was my cupcake!" Leo whined. April had brought them once she got off school, as a sort of 'yay it's the weekend' treat.

"Haha, there's more, just get another," Y/N chuckled, licking the icing off the store bought treat. Leo huffed and was about to say something when he spotted his eldest brother standing behind Y/N, glaring down at him.

"What's with the face Leon?" Y/N asked, not knowing the snapping turtle stood behind them. Leo shook his head with a nervous laugh and grabbed another cupcake, not wanting to deal with Raph.

Raph stepped back and picked up his cupcake as Y/N turned to see what Leo had been staring at. All they saw was the gentle giant nibbling on his red frosted cupcake.

They smiled. Y/N couldn't understand why, maybe it was his compassion over the past months, or his kind eyes and calming voice, but just the sight of Raphael had begun giving Y/N butterflies lately. They chalked it up to the bond they'd grown with Raph over the past months as friends.

Raph glanced over and Y/N, realizing they'd been staring at Raph, looked away as their face heated up. Raph felt blush taint his face as he looked back down at the cake in his hands.

April smirked and leaned back on the table behind her.

"What's so amusing April?" Asked Donnie as he perched on the counter eating his cupcake like a sandwich. April just gestured towards the two flustered teens, clearly trying not to look at one another.

Donnie looked at his brother and friend before chuckling and stuffing his mouth with the rest of his cupcake.

"Hey Leo! Surprise attack!" Mikey shouted as he jumped out from behind a counter and threw a cupcake at the back of Leo's head.

Everyone broke out in uncontrollable laughter as Leo grumbled and chased Mikey around the kitchen. Y/N threw their head back as they laughed, gripping the table as their chair tilted from the weight.

Raph was the first to calm down. He looked around and when he spotted Y/N, enjoying themself and laughing, he felt his chest become light and his face heat up. Raphael leaned on the table, his gaze softening as he watched Y/N.

When the room quieted and Leo chased Mikey out of the room in an effort to cupcake him back, Y/N looked around as they caught their breath. Raph, a little more oblivious to himself than Y/N, didn't realize he was staring at them. The two locked eyes and Y/N felt their face redden and their heart skip a beat.

Y/N turned away and shook their head. 'You can't like him. You can not fall for him you have only known him a few months, your going to push him away,' they thought.

"Hey, Y/N, how are your wounds?" April broke the moment. Y/N was happy to have an excuse not to think too deeply about what had just happened.

"They are doing better, healing fast thanks to Donnie," Y/N replied. April nodded and looked down at her phone for a moment.

When she looked back up, her face was distraught.

"Y/N.. they just found your parents' bodies, they are looking for you," Her voice was low. April showed the article to the two and Y/N's eyes went wide as they stood up.

"No. No, no, no!" Y/N folded their arms and began to pace the room.

"If they find me they are going to send me to live with my aunt. No. No. I can't go back," Y/N began rambling, their eyes becoming teary. Raph stood too, running to Y/N's side and hugging them securely while April stood slightly confused.

"Wait why? What is so bad about your aunt?" April asked, walking over to them. Y/N shook their head, unable to find the words at the moment.

"They have a... violent history.." Raph vaguely explained, sitting down and pulling Y/N down into his lap, rubbing their back as they began crying. April felt bad for asking now.

"Don't worry, Y/N, you are safe, no one will hurt you as long as we are here. As long as I am here," Raphael comforted, rocking them gently. April thought for a moment, what could they do?