A Turtle's Heart (happy ending)

"Hey Don, how's he doing?" Y/N asks as they walk into the med bay, anxious, eyes puffy from all the crying.

"Im not sure, x-rays show he has internal damage from how hard he was slammed on the ground," Donnie began, pausing to take a breath, "and he is incredibly weak, but he will; hopefully, make it. We just have to keep a close eye on him. Raph is incredible strong and durable so that vine must have been incredibly strong, if it had done that to any of us instead... we'd probably be dead... Raph, by the looks of it, is the only one that could withstand that kind of blow."

Y/N nods, taking a deep breath. Donnie releases a long sigh and sits down nearby.

"I... I think I need to get out for a while. I'll be in my lab if you need me." Donnie says, walking out of the med bay. Y/N nods and sits down beside Raph's bed, taking his hand in their own.

"Come on, Raph. Pull through. I know you can." They mutter, throat growing tight as they look between all the equipment hooked up to him and the monitor displaying a level pulse. It puts them at a bit of ease to see the screen show his weak yet stable heartbeat.

Tears begin to well up in Y/N's eyes at the thought that there was a slim chance Raph might not make it. They prop their elbows on the bed and begin to cry, tears flowing down their cheeks as they let their emotions flood their mind.

Y/N is unable to contain themself as they sob. Leo and Mikey come by a while later to visit Raph but when they see Y/N sobbing, they make the decision to give them space and head back out to bide their time.

After about an hour or so, Y/N wipes their face and stands up. They go to let go of Raphael's hand but find that he is weakly gripping it!

"Raph? Raph!?" Y/N light up, tears flooding back as they see Raphael's eyes flutter open. They cover their mouth, overwhelmed with emotions.

"Hey, N/N." Raph smiles weakly. Y/N jumps forward and hugs Raph tightly, making him hiss in pain.

"Sorry! Sorry, just, gah I'm so happy you're okay!" Y/N says, letting go and sitting down beside the bed, smiling at him.

Raph couldn't help but chuckle at his partner's enthusiasm, reaching over and gently taking their hand in his much larger one.

"Hey. I'm okay," He says, his voice still hoarse and shaky.

"Fuc- okay, okay, hold on! I'm- I- thank god. Raph you have no idea how worried I've been, you've been out for hours and I didn't know what to think or if you'd pull through or-or if... I-I... gah..." Y/N rambles, trailing off as they stare down at their boyfriend; whom is listening with a small smile.

"Y/N. Look at me," Raph reaches up and places his hand on Y/N's cheek, "I'm right here."

Y/N feels more tears streaming down their cheeks as they lean into his hand, placing their own on top of his.

Mikey suddenly walks in, a small plate of food in his hands for his eldest brother's partner in hopes of having them eat, when he spots Raph awake! Mikey nearly drops the plate as he darts forward to hug Raph, catching him off guard and making him inhale sharply from pain.

"Raph!! Oh thank the pizza supreme above you're alive!" Mikey cries, eyes welling up with tears like Y/N's had.

"Wait, wait, I'm going to go get the others!" Mikey suddenly lets go and dashes out of the room again. Raph and Y/N chuckle and Mikey is back in mer moments with his brothers and April behind him.

They run in and immediately Raph is swarming by hugs and questions before Donnie can tell them all to calm down and give him space.

"Raph! What were you thinking!? Playin' dead like that! You scared us!" April shouts. Raph laughs weakly and shrugs.

"Sorry, guys. Guess I just had a rough beat down, huh?" Raph replies.

"That was more than rough, Raph-a-la." Donnie retorts, crossing his arms over his plastron.

"The important thing is that he is alive now and he is okay." Y/N butts in, squeezing Raph's hand, which they hadn't let go of even with all the chaos of the moment.

"Exactly." Leo nods, a smile on his face. Though it wasn't incredibly obvious thanks to his mask, Leonardo's eyes were a bit blood shot, as if he'd been crying as well. Though he hid it, he definitely seemed the most effected out of his brothers over Raph's near death experience.

"Hey, can I have a moment alone with Y/N, please, guys?" Raph asks, a bit sheepish. April immediately smiles and ushers everyone out, winking at the two before leaving herself. Both teenagers flushed deep red and Raph sat up a bit, pulling Y/N a little closer by the hand.

"Hey... you really scared me today." Raph says, catching Y/N off guard.

"What!? Me? Scared you!? Yeah right! Raphael, you gave me the biggest heart attack ever!" Y/N's eyes widen with disbelief, staring at their terrapin boyfriend.

"Yeah... no, yeah, that's valid. But I just... I really thought that you weren't going to make it home after the way that Draxum grabbed you and I just jumped in without thinking and I-" Raph begins rambling, eyes welling up with tears. Y/N stops him, placing a thumb over his lips as they cup his face in their hands.

"Hey. It's okay. I am okay, you are okay, we are okay. That's all that matters." Y/N assures him. Raph his heart swell as he looks at the human before him.

He remains silent for a long while, just smiling at Y/N as they comfort one another with gently hands.

"Y/N..." Raph suddenly whispers, blush heating his face as he looks at them. "Can... can I kiss you?"

Y/N feels their heart jump into their throat as Raph asks, blushing almost harder than him.

"Yes. Yes you can." Y/N chuckles, leaning forward.

Their lips connect and suddenly the reptile's skin doesn't feel as rough, suddenly gentle and soft as they embrace.

They were safe. They were alive. They were together. That's exactly how they planned to keep it.

—————————————————————————-

THE END!

That's it folks! I really hope you all enjoyed this story, sorry the AE took so long, life got hectic. Just started my second year of high school so yay!

It's been absolutely wonderful to have this much support and love from the community and I wish you all the best in your fanfic reading journeys!

Till we meet again in the comments of another time!

-your author

-Hyper_Turtle101

(Word count - 1167)