A Touching Reunion

Y/N sat down at the table, a donut and light coffee in hand. The boy sat down across from them and smiled, setting his coffee and sausage biscuit down on the table.

"I never got your name," Y/N took a bite of their donut, setting their coffee down in front of them.

"My name is Mark," the boy responded. Y/N nodded, finishing the bite in their mouth.

"I'm Y/N," they smiled as Mark took a sip of his coffee.

"So, after this, where are you going to go? Home or something else?" Mark asked, sitting back.

"Oh, I have some friends I can stay with until I get the whole situation straightened out," Y/N replied. Mark furrowed his brow in though before shaking his head and smiling again.

"Okay, do they live around here? I could walk you there to make sure you get there safe," he asked, leaning forward and resting his elbows on the table. Y/N hesitated.

"Im not sure, I'm not too familiar with this side of town," Y/N admitted. Y/N felt their gut tightly knot as they had a bad feeling. Should they have told him that? They were sure it would be fine.

"Oh, well, I don't have much time before I have to get to my first class, probably like half an hour, I can walk around with you until you feel like you know where you're going," Mark offered, drinking the last of his coffee. Y/N thought for a moment. Should they go with this stranger? He seemed nice enough. Something felt off though.

"Sure, why not," Y/N agreed, not wanting to make the boy suspicious. They put their hands in their pajama pockets and felt a cold metal oval.

The distress signal!

Y/N showed no facial reaction but mentally screamed with relief. They grabbed it, pressing it till it clicked silently in their hands. Y/N relaxed a bit and took another bite of their donut.

"Uh, Raph, why did you click your distress signal we are right here?" Leo asked, looking up at Raph. Raph looked over at Leo and ran over to him.

"My distress signal went off?!" He grabbed his brother by his shoulders.

"Yeah, look," Leo responded, pointing at his signal on his sash that was silent blinking red to signify Raph's had gone off.

"That is Y/N!! I gave it to them! They are in trouble!" Raph began to get antsy, glancing at Donnie. Donnie got the message and pulled up his location tracker on his wrist tech. They had been searching for Y/N for about 15 minutes before they got the signal.

"Found them! They are leaving the coffee shop down the road heading towards down town, why are they heading down town?" Donnie became quiet at the last bit, looking at his tech.

"Good, lets go," Raph anxiously shouted. He was worried something had happened to Y/N.

The turtles the followed Donnie through back roads and alleys, following the signal in an attempt to find Y/N.

"Okay, okay, favorite song?" Mark chuckled, Y/N's answer to his previous question having made him laugh.

"Oh, definitely (f/s)(fav song)" Y/N smiled.

"Really? You listen to that kind of stuff?" Mark asked, putting his hands in his pockets as he walked down another side street. Y/N had been completely aware Mark was leading them further into an unsafe and less populated side of town.

They normally wouldn't follow a stranger into a unsafe place, but they knew the turtles were on their way. They had to be. Y/N refused to think they weren't.

"Yeah, I know, I know, but it is really good!" Y/N insisted, their body language suggesting they were relaxed but Y/N was extremely on edge, ready to run if they needed.