Rising Trouble

It had been about a week since Raph and Y/N confessed to one another and got together.

Raph hadn't let Y/N out of the lair for concern for their safety with everything that had happened. Y/N didn't mind though, they enjoyed not having to worry. Raph had also been teaching Y/N basic fighting skills in case they needed to defend themself.

Y/N appreciated everything Raph was doing for them.

"Hey Mikey, whatcha up to?" Y/N asked as they entered the kitchen.

"Nothing much, just getting a snack," Mikey replied, turning to Y/N.

"Have you heard from April lately?" Y/N sat down at the table. They hadn't heard from April in a few days, they tried to text her via Raphael's phone yesterday to tell her the news about their relationship but she hadn't responded yet. They assumed she was just caught up with school

"Uh, no, why? Is she not answer the phone or something?" Mikey was confused, April wasn't one to normally not answer.

"Yeah, me and Raph tried to text her yesterday," Y/N said. Just as his name was mentioned, Raph walked through the door.

"You talking about me?" Raph walked over to where Y/N was sitting, wrapping his arms around them from behind and placing his chin on their head. Y/N chuckled at his actions, reaching up and gently scratching his neck.

Raph let out a soft chur, leaning into Y/N's touch.

"We were talking about April, has she answered yet?" Y/N stopped, looking up at him. Raph loosened his grip around Y/N and looked down at them.

"Not yet, no,"

"Hm, it's not like her, do you think something happened?"

"Im not sure, I hope not,"

Y/N lowered their hands, placing them on the table.

"Maybe we should go check on her," Y/N suggested, looking at the turtles in the room.

"Definitely, I'll go get Leo and Don," Mikey said, leaving the room to get his brothers.

"Y/N, I think you should stay here," Raph stated, letting them go and stepping back. Y/N turned around to face him, confused.

"What?! No, April is my friend too I want to make sure she is okay!" Y/N insisted.

"But you saw what happened the last time you went up there!" Raph argued.

"Last time I was thrown into a random alley with no preparation in my pajamas! This time I'll be prepared!" Y/N urged.

"Last time you barely got away because Draxum didn't notice you! And then you were nearly kidnapped! I don't want anything happening to you!" Raph took Y/N's hands. He was worried.

"I understand you are worried Raph but I'll be alright! Donnie made me my own stress signal a couple days ago, you have been showing me how to fight, and I'll be with the four of you! I want to help," Y/N tried to convince the red clad turtle.

Raph sighed.

"Fine, but you have to stay close and if you see anything, i mean anything, you let me know okay," Raph agreed.

"I promise," Y/N nodded, squeezing Raph's hand. Raph smiled.

Y/N then stood up, kissing Raph on the cheek and letting go of his hands. They turned to walk away and find the others but Raph grinned and grabbed them by the waist, pulling them close.

"Hey!" Y/N laughed. Raph planted a ton of little kisses all over their face while Y/N protested.

"Don't think we are going to have a conversation like that and you just get to walk away," Raph chuckled, kissing them on the forehead. Y/N blushed a bit and laughed, kissing his chin in return. Raph took a deep breath, resting his head on Y/N's shoulder and letting his arms loosely rest on their waist. Y/N felt safe like this, comfortable in Raphael's arms.

"Hey, I love you, and I love our little hug out here, but we should go find the others," Y/N whispered, patting the turtle's chest. Raph groaned dramatically and stood up straight and let go of Y/N. This made them chuckle.

The two then walked out into the skate area where Leo and Mikey were standing.

Leo smiled and waved them over.

"Yo! We are just waiting for Donnie, when he gets out here we can go," Leo explained, leaning on his sword.

"Of course we're waiting on Donnie," Y/N chuckled. Leo snickered and Mikey side eyed the two.

"I find it hurtful you talk about me like this in my absence," Donnie flew down from the lab.

"I have tracked April's phone and it is still at her apartment, where it has been for several days," Donnie continued, landing and returning to his wrist tech.

"That doesn't sound good, lets go check on her," Raph said.

"Let me go get my distress signal," Y/N stated.

"Y/N is coming? After what happened last week?" Donnie made Y/N pause in place with his question.

"Yeah I'm coming, April is my friend too ya know!" Y/N glared at Donnie before turning and walking off to Raph's room to get their distress signal. Once Y/N left the room, Donnie turned back to his older brother.

"Are you sure we should bring them after what happened?" He asked.

"I know, but they were very persistent and I will keep them close, don't worry Don," Raph assured. Donnie simply nodded in response.

The four turtles waiting for Y/N to return. When they did, the group made their way to the surface.

This trip round, Y/N was actually dressed and had their distress signal attached to a (f/c)(fav color) belt Mikey had made for them for easy access. They were also wearing shoes this time.

"Okay, and turn right here and we will be there," Donnie pointed forward.

"I remember this," Y/N smiled, walking between Raph and Leo.

"Y/N, you are going to have to knock on the door, it is still early but there is a chance April's parents are going to answer the door," Donnie glanced over his shoulder. Y/N nodded.

The group followed Donnie until they made it to April's apartment level. Y/N walked down the hall to April's apartment while the turtles hung back and hid in the stairwell.

Y/N knocked on the door and waited.

No answer.

They knocked again.

"Who is it?" A woman came to the door. She opened it and peered out, still in her pajamas.

"Oh, hello, you must be mrs. O'Neil, I am Y/N, April's friend, have you seen her lately? She hasn't been answering her phone." Y/N put on a sweet smile and a calm tone.

"Huh? She said she was going out to hang out with some friends, she hasn't been back here in a few days, I assumed she was with them," April's mother said. Y/N nodded.

"Oh, I know where she must be, okay, thank you, sorry to bother you," Y/N replied, not wanting to worry the woman.

"Okay, good day to you," mrs O'Neil said before shutting the door.

Y/N then ran down the hall to tell the boys what they had discovered.