Quick Get Away

The vine darted towards them, more specifically, towards Y/N.

Y/N put their arms up to protect their face as the vine snaked around them and tightly held them, lifting them into the air.

Raph gasped and jumped up, grabbing Y/N by the legs and climbed up, punching the vine until it dropped Y/N.

Raph jumped down and caught Y/N, holding them close and rolling as he hit the ground to divert the impact of the landing.

Draxum groaned and moved his hands, causing more vines to shoot up and out towards the turtles and Y/N.

"Leo, Donnie, Mikey! Keep him occupied while I get Y/N out of here!" Raph shouted. His brother nodded and Raph continued to run with Y/N in his arms towards the way they came in. Draxum noticed his direction and slammed a vine into the concrete above the door, causing a slide that blocked the door.

"Raph! What are we going to do now?!" Y/N looked up at the turtle. Raph groaned and turned around, looking at Leo.

"Leo! Plan B! Get us out of here!" Raph yelled.

"On it, boss man!" Leo smiled, dodging a vine and cutting it in half. He then began swinging his ōdachi around in an attempt to open a portal.

"Come on, come on!" He mumbled to himself, dodging more vines as he swung his sword. Finally several portals opened, one below Donnie, one below Mikey, one below Leo, and one below Raph and Y/N. They fell through and Draxum shouted in frustration as they closed, successfully getting the turtles out.

Each turtle was spat out somewhere in New York. Each unsure where their brothers were or even where they were themselves. Luckily, since Raph had been holding Y/N, they ended up together.

"Where are we?" Y/N looked around, still being held tightly by the snapping turtle who was now sat on the ground from the fall.

"I don't know," Raph said, standing up.

"Uh, Raphie, you can put me down now," Y/N chuckled, awkwardly avoiding eye contact as they felt their face heat up. There was no longer any immediate danger, but Raph had been holding them with the same protective yet gentle grip he had since the moment he got his arms around them.

Raph blushed a bit, setting Y/N down and apologizing. Y/N insisted it was alright and the two stood in silence for a moment.

"We should, uh, try to find the other, get home safely, ya know?" Y/N broke the silence. Raph agreed and the tension eased as they began walking down the alley they had been thrown into.

"Hey, Y/N," Raph paused, looking at them.

"Yeah Raph?" Y/N stopped too, turning back to him.

"Here, take this, if something else happens and we get separated, it is a distress signal, it will alert my brothers and they will come get you," Raph handed Y/N the pendant with the mad dog's symbol on it that was attached to his belt.

"What about you?" Y/N asked, taking it from his hand.

"I'll be fine, you are more important," Raph smiled sweetly at Y/N. Y/N felt blush creep up their face as they placed the distress signal into their pocket and promptly forgot about it.

They continued walking for a while, before coming to a stop at an opening that lead out into the street. The sun hadn't risen yet but it was going to soon and that meant all the early birds we're getting up, it would be risky to try and walk down the street seeing as Raph was a mutant and Y/N was currently considered missing and all over the news.

"What are we going to do?" Y/N turned to look up at Raph, not realizing how close he had been standing. His closeness startled Y/N, they jumped and fell backwards but Raph quickly caught them, pulling them up, harder than intended, into his plastron. Y/N felt their face burn red hot as they stepped back, covering their face and turning away from Raph.

"Are you okay, Y/N?" Raph asked. He sounded worried.

"Yeah. Yeah all good, just, uh, didn't expect you to be that close," Y/N chuckled nervously.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I'll back up a bit," Raph frowned, taking a big step back and folding his hands together. Y/N then felt back.

"No it's okay, I just, was startled is all, it's really okay," Y/N waved their hands.

A distraction from the awkward moment came, whether good or bad, they both here unsure.

"Hello? Who is there?" Asked a voice from the street. Raph and Y/N looked at the exit to the alley. There stood a man, dressed in a police uniform!

The two, still hidden in the shadows, quickly and quietly moved backwards, away from the man who didn't know they were there.

Suddenly, a portal opened behind them, light blue, illuminated the entire alley. Crap.

Y/N looked back behind them, partly to see who had made it, partly to hide their face from the law enforcement.

"Leo!" Y/N smiled, happy to see his familiar face.

"Hey wait! You're that missing kid! Y/N!" The cop realized, running forward.

"Guys lets go!" Leo shouted, jumping back into the portal. Raph picked up Y/N and jumped backwards, full faith in his brother's portal.

They fell through and it closed before the cop could get to it. He grunted, confused, and pulled out his walkie.

"Ow!" Leo yelped as Raph landed on him. Raph sat up and Leo pulled himself to his feet. Y/N didn't say anything. They were too focused on how Raph had wrapped his arms around them with such confidence and was still holding them securely in his lap.

"Why are you so focused on this?! Stop over thinking it, he was just keeping you safe!" Y/N thought. They hadn't intended to, but Y/N ended up staring at Raph. Their eyes locked and both teenagers felt their faced heat up.

"Where are we?" Leo broke Y/N out of their thoughts and the two out of their gaze.

"Wait you don't know where we are?!" Raph looked up at Leo. Leo chuckled and rubbed his neck, shrugging. Raph shook his head and hesitated before letting go of Y/N and standing up. Y/N stood as well, brushing off their legs.

"Well, I tried to do what I did to get to you guys. I just thought of you and boom, when I portaled I found you guys! I tried to get to Mikey this time," Leo scratched his chin, confused. Raph face palmed and then they all heard a voice.

"It worked Leo, I'm up here!" Mikey's voice rang out above them. They all looked up to see Mikey tucked into his shell, balancing on a clothesline.

"Jump! I'll catch you little bro!" Leo smiled, outstretched his arms. Mikey leaned forward, still inside his shell, fully trusting his older brother would catch him. The lean made the clothesline creek as he fell.

Leo caught him, hugging him close. Mikey popped out and hugged Leo back. Y/N smiled, their brotherly love was something Y/N envied.

"Okay, Leo, let's find Donnie and get home," Raph began.

"No need brother," Donnie's voice could be heard from above. Of course he had flown his way over via his battle-shell.

"Great, now lets get home before Draxum finds us again," Raph smiled as his brother landed beside Mikey and Leo.

Things could never just be that easy, could they.