epilogue

kade lennox

epilogue: the wedding

"IF YOU'RE GONNA cry during the ceremony, nod your head twice so I can get the photographers and videographers to capture every moment of it."

I still wonder why she's invited. It's not too late to kick her out of the wedding ceremony but then she is one of the few family members of mine whom I liked—if not only.

"Adri, go back to your fiancé," I groan, "Let me have a few minutes of peace before the ceremony begins."

"Alright, Kadey," she smiles before glancing at herself in the mirror. "Honestly, hold another wedding ceremony so I can wear this lehenga again. It's so beautiful. You look good in a white sherwani too," she compliments.

She was wearing a sage green lehenga since she was a bridesmaid, alongside Ellis and Isabelle. Her look was completed with handcrafted diamond jewellery, made for all the bridesmaids.

"It's your own wedding next month." I throw her a look. "You're having two wedding ceremonies and a three-day-long party. Go stress about that and leave me alone." I gesture her to leave.

"Kade, calm down. Aria hasn't ran away yet."

"Ellis, you'll give the poor man a heart attack." Adri laughs as she points at the horror on my face. "We don't want him passed out before the ceremony, do we?"

"Of course, not." Ellis rolls her eyes. "My poor Aria will be heartbroken."

"Oh my goodness! Aria—Aria!"

"Aria? What happened to Aria?" My voice has been raised to a level so high that I could think wasn't ever possible. I gawk at Isabelle, waiting for answers. My hands start shaking in anxiousness.

"She looks beautiful. You'll melt when you see her, Kade." Isabelle grins, batting her eyelashes at me.

I blink, once, twice, and drop myself onto the chair, trying to be sane as possible. "That's it? Nothing happened?"

"No?" Isabelle smiles sweetly. "Did you think she ran away?"

"I'm still questioning why she didn't run away yet."

Adri giggles at Ellis' words while I'm losing the will to live. These three will surely give me a heart attack before my own wedding. I can't possibly die without seeing Aria.

I hear two knocks against the door before it opens wide, revealing the tall man, wearing a golden embroidered black sherwani, matched with white trousers. For the first time, I was glad that it wasn't someone like the three present here.

"Elijah Winchester, please take your fiancée away from me before she makes me suffer any more." I pleadingly stare at the fellow Brit, pointing at my cousin.

He stares at her and crosses his arms, frowning. "You promised not to cause any trouble today, my love."

Adri gasps. "I didn't break the promise! There's no trouble. I didn't even make him pass out."

I furrow my eyebrows. "So you think making my heart beat irregularly to the point I may get a stroke isn't considered causing trouble?"