FIVE

Constance

"You know what you did was petty, right?" I said, scanning out 12 books for a adolescent black girl with round black glasses and some lemonade braids.

"What are you talking about?" Angelle shrugged next to me, leaning against the counter as she watched me do her job. After the line deadened though, I'd leave her stuck up her and I'd head back to the books to reorganize them- where I felt the most comfortable.

"Bumping into the girl earlier," I said lowly, giving the child a smile as I slipped the due date paper into her book.

"What girl?" Angelle asked, her tone innocent as she played with the ends of her hair.

"Don't play dumb, Angelle," I rolled my eyes.

"She's just some high schooler. Why do you care?" her tone fell, pouting as she stared at me.

"You're too jealous...especially for you not to be mine's," I held her gaze, watching her look at me in surprise. "Yeah, I said it."

"Handle the counter. I'll reorganize the books," she huffed, coming around my way to leave behind the divider. Now she was angry?

"You only do that...when you're trying to avoid me," I said softly. It was true, Angelle was definitely a runner when it came to dealing with issues. No matter how big of a "tough girl" facade she tried to put up. That's one of the reasons why I wouldn't date her. Why she remained my little submissive, and only that. A great friend on our best days, a pain in the ass on our worst.

"Well, what does it look like I'm doing, Con?"

I watched her walk away, my right hand gripping the plastic mouse attached to my monitor, my teeth clenched.

"Excuse me, can I check this out?"

I quickly shot an easy smile a young boy's way as he held a Cars book up to my face, barely tall enough to see over the counter with his wild tufts of black, curly hair and a Monsters Inc shirt. "Of course. Are you a Cars fan? Or would you say Monsters Inc is better?"

After work, and an entire shift of Angelle ignoring me, we got back into my car, the space silent as we closed our doors. I was about to turn the car on when Angelle cleared her throat.

"What you said hurt me, Con. You know us being in a relationship is a really sensitive spot for me. I reallyyy wanna be yours. Not just your sub."

"We're at two different maturity levels, Angelle, even though you're older," I stated. "Maybe in the future. Maybe after college. But I just can't see that right now. You get that...right?"

"Yeah," she stared at her nails, deep in thought.

"Hey," I nudged her a little. "Still up for that movie night?"

She cracked a smile. "Sure. But I get to pickkk."

"Fine," I sighed, pretending like that was the worst thing in the world. "But it has to be something that turns me on...so I can," I moved my mouth closer to her ear, whispering in it.

Images of her face down in my bed lingered in my mind like the intoxicating scent of her in my sheets.

"Mhm, then what," she turned her face towards mine, our noses touching. I stared into her eyes for the longest. "I needa go to the store for a few things...for after the movie. So when I come back home I need a few things from you," I told her carefully, holding her gaze. "No panties on. Something sexy. And I want you waiting inside by the front door for me."

"And if I don't, Master?"

I gently trailed my hand across her cheek, all the way down to her collar bone as she leaned towards me expectantly, waiting for my hand to cuff around her soft neck as I usually do. "Hmm," I smiled a little, letting my hand drop. "We'll see," I simply said.

Comment