FORTY SEVEN

Constance

After everyone was assured by Arnae multiple times that she would be alright at the hospital alone and the nurse assured us they'd contact us once she was actually having the kid, Vee's parents allowed me to drive her back to her aunt and uncle's while they went home since I came up with the convenient lie that it wouldn't be out of my way.

"I wish you could come over to my apartment," I told her, getting into the Corvette. "But no, cause you wanna act bad, your parents wouldn't even let you most likely."

"Or my aunt," she groaned.

"You know we wouldn't go there just to play video games, right?" I smiled.

"Oh, what would we do then," she asked, knowing full well.

"Brush each other's coochie hairs- Fuck, Vee," I laughed.

"I know," she laid her hand on my thigh and my eyes widened.

"Hollon now," I laughed nervously, trying to focus on the road.

"Nahh, ain't no hollon. Wassup?"

"Vivianne Herida," I warned. "I'm driving."

"And you gon be cummin'. Now, what?"

I chuckled, "Somebody's feelin' bold tonight."

"I got woken up outta a nice little sex fantasy, how else you think I'm finna feel," she stated. "Now spread them legs and drive."

"Girl, I'ma end up bumpin' the car in front of me. You tryna get us killed? We just left the hospital, lil girl."

She poked my arm and I yelped out. "Ow!"

"Don't lil girl me, the fuck."

"Hey, hey," I laughed, "How bout we calm down? While Master is driving."

I saw Vee roll her eyes outta the corner of my vision, but I ignored it. Mhm.

"How come you didn't know the results of the paternity test until tonight? Why Arnae had to come all the way to yo job in the dead cold to tell you it?"

"She said she mailed it, and was sure of it too, but I guess it just didn't get to me. I had tried askin' Angelle about it awhile ago, probably right after that party or right when me and Angelle stopped talking, but she wouldn't tell me shit, as you know," I shrugged.

"If Arnae's so sure she mailed the results, and Angelle wouldn't tell you them and we both know that Angelle also lives in your complex," Vee let her words trail off. "And Angelle used to be over at yo place all the time...You connectin' the dots?"

"You really think Angelle took my mail?" I asked, extremely doubtful.

"Damn near positive. It's just like ha petty ass to do sumin' like that, Constance, and you know the girl."

"I'll ask the complex for the camera footage by the mailboxes and see for myself before I go accusin' her."

"Don't Angelle and Arnae still date? You told me about that I think on the trip, right? Why isn't Angelle up there at the hospital with her boo?"

Damn, she was coming for shawty tonight.

"Arnae was tellin' me bout how things broke off between them tonight when her water broke. She figured out girls wasn't really her thing and I said, nahh, it's prolly just Angelle," I laughed a little.

"Dang. I was kinda rootin' for them. They both seem like the same type of girl," Vee shrugged.

"Nahh, talkin' with Arnae tonight, I realized that pregnancy has kind of matured her a little. I think she was right to move on from Angelle. Angelle wouldn't have made a good mommy anyways."

"Con," Vee swatted my arm.

"Hey. The girl gets crazy, bro."

"But still, that was all you at some point so don't talk down on her like that," Vee frowned.

"You right," I sighed. "But I will request the footage. I'll shoot the apartment people an email tonight and see what comes from it tomorrow. I'm exhausted."

"You didn't have to drive me back," Vee said smally.

"Your parents were tired and they needed to go home and I wanted to spend some time with you since that's gonna be more limited due to the end of the season."

"But isn't this outta the way from your place?"

"It is, but it don't matter," I lied, eyeing how much gas I had left. "I know you might be tired tomorrow, but try coming by the library soon. If...I still have a job," I cringed.

"What? Why? You talkin' bout I be bad and look at you. What happened?"

"I kind of shoved my manager back," I laughed nervously, "And left during work to go with Arnae to the hospital. So we'll see."

"He gon hit you with that, gon head and clock out for me," Vee laughed.

"Hey, that ain't funny," I smiled. "We don't even clock in anyways."

"Heyy, it was still funny," she giggled.

"This it?" I asked, pulling up in front of a house.

"Yup. Thanks for the ride, Con," she smiled, unbuckling her seat belt. I was leaning in and her eyes widened. "No kiss. Someone might be watchin'. I gotchu whenever I come to the library though."

"Bet," I smirked, watching her get out of the vehicle.

"Keep me updated on Izzy and Tyone," I called out as she closed the door, she gave me a thumbs up and walked in front of the car to the driveway.

I watched her walk inside before pulling off, thinking about how much I was willing to entertain Vee's theory. Did Angelle really steal the results Arnae allegedly sent to me? Was it really that deep?

I got back to my apartment and took off my work clothes. After I showered and laid out on my couch in front of the TV, I typed up an email on my phone to send to the complex people. It wouldn't hurt to see if Angelle had actually done something, right?

I didn't even realize I had fell asleep watching some movie about the days of the year and sex, until I woke up because of my phone's alarm. I stood up and stretched, mentally preparing myself to go to my classes after spending my entire night with a pregnant lady.

I checked my email while I switched the A/C in my crib to something better. Footage from in front of my front door and the mail box had been sent. Didn't ask for allat, but cool. I went in my bedroom and sat down on the bed, playing some of the videos they had sent. Guess it was up to me to watch through the past couple of weeks, since they deleted footage each month.

After a lot of fast forwarding, I finally came up on a video that starred Angelle. I frowned, seeing a second person come into view behind her. This had been recorded right in front of my door. Judging by the date and time on there, I wouldn't have been home, probably in my second class of the day.

Angelle was shown bringing in some random girl and closing the door behind them. It was a whole hour before they came out and the other shawty was fixing her clothes too much for my liking, adjusting her bra straps and her little cropped jacket.

"Hell nahh," I said, watching some more.

The videos after that were practically the same. Angelle bringing broads home and fucking them, then leaving. How didn't I know?

I finally got to the set by the mail boxes, and what did you know? There goes Angelle taking out some of my mail with the spare key I had given her. Shit, I probably should ask for it back, huh? I had forgotten all about that. But apparently she hadn't. Judging by the date, we weren't even together when she had taken the mail out of my box and I had never ever asked her to do that before.

"Nahh," I shook my head, standing up.

I was getting my locks changed, some way somehow, and I was gonna bang on Angelle's door until she opened it this morning and get my damn key back.

I mean, had shit really been that deep?

"Fucking Angelle," I murmured, wanting to punch something.

Comment