TWENTY THREE

Constance

"How'd, uh, volleyball practice go for you today?"

I glanced over at Angelle behind the counter, sliding Vee's book into the turn-in slot, that not going unnoticed by Angelle.

"It went fine. The girls are really improving," I smiled a little, thinking about how they really were. I don't think they'll win this upcoming game without a little fire in some of them, but they definitely should win the next.

"Maybe I could...go to one of y'all's games or something," she shrugged.

I rose an eyebrow. "You? Who hates sports damn near?" I chuckled, my voice lowering as a younger child walked by.

"Figured it'd be good to support you...and the team of course," she commented, busying her hands with a stack of books left up on the counter.

I remembered the little shoulder shove she had given Vee the first time I had seen the young girl here. "I don't think its a good idea," seeing her expression, I quickly said, "you'll be a distraction to me. And I'm there to focus on the team."

"Yeah, but..." Seeing my expression, she only sighed, "I'll put the books in order today. You stay behind the counter."

"Angelle, don't be upset. We were good...what's been goin' on lately," I mumbled, brushing her light pink hair back.

"You tell me. I've been fine. It's only when you act all...secretive that I get this way," she searched my eyes.

"There's nothing for me to be secretive about," I frowned.

"Mm," she took the stack of paperbacks with her, disappearing amongst the aisles of books in the library.

After work, Angelle was still moody. But by now, I'm kind of used to it. I get into my car, unlocking the door so that she could get in. Seeing the deep frown on her face, I mentally sighed: What is it now?

"You used to open my door for me a lot," she mumbled, sliding in and putting her stuff in the seat behind me, leaving only her vape in her lap. "But it's whatever, Constance."

"You think I'm cheating. That's what this is," I stated, watching her face.

"I never said that. Are you, Constance?" she asked me tiredly, looking away.

"No," I rolled my eyes, pulling out of the parking spot.

"But there's someone else on your mind."

"There isn't."

"I fucking see it, Constance!"

"Don't yell at me," I glared over at her, braking hard as a truck pulled out in front of me out of nowhere. I grabbed her face and turned it towards me, angry, "I go to those practices and I help out Coach Wang, and I come to you, whether you're at my place or yours and take us to work. That's my life! Right after school! When would I have time to cheat, Angelle?"

"I never said you were cheating," she repeated.

"That's how you're makin' me feel," I argued, pulling out behind the truck once they finally had their life figured out.

"I wanna be with you. But not this Constance. You don't even punish me the same. And...our sex doesn't feel passionate anymore. I don't care what you say! You can have passionate sex with and without love, and right now there's no passion? So what now? What else is there left for me to think?"

"All this bullshit you're puttin' me through isn't what I signed up for, Angelle," I told her calmly. "If you wanna see what we have as a relationship- great. Because I don't. You are my submissive. I am your dominant counterpart. And I did not agree to fall in love with you. If anything, we'd have an open relationship. You don't even like studs. You like fems. You could be out here with your legs spread open with a shawty every night, and I wouldn't bat an eye as long as I get to throw you down on the bed and slide my tongue through your juices whenever I want."

"I know what I like, Constance. You don't have to remind me," she snapped.

"Stop sayin' my name like that. What happened to you bein' all affectionate and shit? All that's over? You doin' all this so we can have rough sex when we get to my place or something?" I asked curiously.

"No. Because you're taking me home," she stated.

I huffed, "Fine by me. Ion wanna hear all this bitchin' all night no way."

"You'll hear whatever the fuck I want to say. You were the exception. The first stud I've ever liked. I'm drawn to you, or some shit. That's why I want something serious with you. That's why I don't take advantage of what you call this open relationship...like you probably do."

"A relationship isn't one sided, Angelle, and right now that's what our's would be if we took things as seriously as you want," I told her.

Angelle nodded to herself. "I don't think we should keep fuckin'. Maybe we're better off as friends, Con."

"Maybe so," I agreed, gripping the wheel.

I pulled up to Angelle's place, not even bothering to park with plans of letting her out on the sidewalk.

"I'm invitin' Arnae to a party this Saturday when I get inside. Since I have free range to hang with all the fems I want and spread my fuckin' legs," she slammed my car door. "Show up! We'll be glad to see you!" she shouted through the window, walking away angrily.

I let the passenger window down. "Don't fuckin' slam my door, bitch!"

"Watch who you talkin' to, Constance!" she shouted back.

"Bitch!" I shouted out, pulling away quickly, and almost hitting the curb.

Comment