FORTY THREE

Constance

We both got onto the bus with a smile. Kynlee gave Vee a knowing look as we passed by to sit in the back. We were heading back to Houston. It felt so surreal after everything that had happened to us in this city.

"Window, or...?" Vee asked.

"Wherever," I shrugged.

Vee slid in first after she put her things up, then me.

I didn't waste any time sliding my hand into the band of her grey leggings, since we really had this area to ourselves. A lot of people were picked up by their parents or had chosen to sit closer to Wang as she told stories about past teams winning and reminisced over the season with its good times and its hard times.

"Mm, Con," she moaned quietly, sliding them down all the way for me. I bent down to kiss it, and she giggled, watching me. "Constance," she hissed, "you're gonna get us caught."

I kissed her again, pulling my head back up and sliding my fingers in, staring into her eyes with a dare. "Maybe the thought of that turns me on even more..."

"Play with my feet instead. At least we could play something like that off," she stated, pulling her leggings back up. "Plus you'd make me ruin my bottoms." She slid her feet out of her Crocs and placed them on my lap.

I slowly took off one of her socks, then the other, laying them near her. I ran my thumb down the sole of one of her feet slowly, then massaged the back part a little. I brought my mouth up to her toes, slowly sucking on each one and spending the longest on her smallest. I glanced up to see Vee's reaction and her face had a pretty little blush on it.

I grazed my teeth along the sole of her foot, then licked the bottom. "Mm, nice and salty," I whispered. Vee covered her mouth to keep from laughing. I pulled back, "You wanna do the other?"

"Nahh, ion really think this for me, Con," she laughed. I shrugged, fine with that. "Ight."

"And you is not kissin' me after that," she added.

"What whyyy, it's your feet," I whined.

"Ion want foot taste on my mouth, Constance. Ian like you," she laughed.

"The shadeee," I laughed.

"I'm kickin' Izzy's ass when we get back, I swear."

"No you are not," I said firmly. "You ain't gon give her the time of day because you're better than that. And you're making peace with your fam," I added, reminding her.

"Swear this sucks. Izzy knows it's up when I go to the high school reunion. I'ma be waitin' for that day," Vee vowed.

"You really gon hold onto all that hurt all these years until we have a reunion. What if we never have one?"

"I'll tell you one thing, it's finna be like that one reunion episode from 'Girl From Nowhere', I swear."

"Vee," I warned.

"How come you didn't have a strap in that bag?" she asked, her voice getting quieter.

"I don't own one. It's not my cup of tea. Never really sat right with me personally. Why...you like them or sumin? I mean, if you do, it's cool. A lot of lesbians are obsessed with fake dicks for some reason."

Vee smiled, "Now you throwin' shade."

"I'm just sayin'. Ion want no type of dick near me. That's how much I love the cat," I smirked.

"If I wanted to use a strap all da time, I would've dated a nigga. We females, I wanna touch coochies too. I was just askin'," she shrugged.

"You gon behave when we go back to Houston?" I asked, switching back to what we were talking about earlier.

"Only if you make me," Vee grinned, biting her lip.

It was so dark when we got off the bus that we had to use each other to feel around. The streetlights were out around the school in the lot our families were picking us up in now that we were back in our city.

"I'll walk you to your aunt and uncle," I offered.

"You sure...?"

"I don't think they'd really think too much of it. I'm just a somewhat assistant coach walking her player over to a vehicle because it's dark out," I said simply.

"You lie so easily that it makes me question how many lies you tell me."

I didn't know whether she was joking or not, but I stayed silent.

"Bye, Vee," I whispered, her relative's car coming into view.

"Thanks for walking her," her aunt smiled at me.

"No problem ma'am," I dipped my head.

"Kyn got a ride home?" I asked Vee lowly.

"Don't know," she shrugged.

"I've noticed you two seem to be growing apart," I commented, helping her load her things into the trunk as her aunt and uncle got back into their vehicle.

"Yeah. But it isn't cause of anything bad. Or, at least I don't think so."

"Izzy does anything, you come to me. Don't make any decisions alone when this whole thing affects the both of us, Vee," I said quietly.

She nodded, staring at me.

"You got your goodbye kiss on the bus. I gotta go now," I said, a sad tone to my voice. "Be good...and text me sometime."

"I will," she promised, watching me walk off.

Comment