THIRTY FOUR

Vivianne

"You didn't text me for the rest of the weekend," Kyn said softly, giving me a side hug as soon as she seen me at my locker. Aiana was besides her, a familiar worried expression on her face. "We were worried."

Kynlee had on some baggy overalls and a Raiders t-shirt with a black snapback. Aiana had on some black knee highs and a 'school girl' fit.

"I'm such a bad friend, yo," I covered my face, sighing. "It's always some shit goin' on in my life and I'm always relyin' on y'all to help me wit it-

"Vee that is not your fault, girlfriend. You couldn't help none of that," Aiana said, giving me a full hug. "Kyn told me everything, by the way."

"But I could've. It's a lot of shit I shouldn't have done."

I spun around, giving them a casual 360.

"Cute flannel and some baggy jeans. I think this is the closest I can get to tomboyish after movin' in with the Auntie and Uncle from Hell- I mean Heaven."

"Damn. How's that goin'?" Aiana asked.

"It's gonna be a long few months," I sighed. "I'm actually hopin' my parents will let me come back after maybe a month."

Just then, Izzy walked by, giving me a hard glare besides Tyone as he held her tight by the waist.

I know my worth, Vee.

That's why I let you leave me.

"We gotta help Izzy," I mumbled.

"We gotta help you first. Izzy did enough helpin' with those photos, that's why you're in this predicament now," Kynlee reminded me.

Aiana frowned at Kyn's words. "No, I agree with you both. Izzy isn't bein' the nicest but it's obvious her new boyfriend isn't treating her right. No matter the history her and Vivianne have something should be done."

"I don't wanna make things worst for her, especially because I know how that feels," I said, watching her turn the corner out of sight.

"Did your parents find out you were drunk?" Kyn asked, switching topics.

"That's a whole storyyy," I rolled my eyes.

After school, I waited out front instead of heading straight to volleyball practice. No more volleyball for this girl. Not until my aunt and uncle saw an improvement in my behavior, as they stated. So I'd miss our second game of the year this upcoming Saturday and whatever else might happen for volleyball.

It fucking sucked.

Especially because I was looking forward to kicking some ass out on the court again too.

A familiar vehicle passed by and braked hard in front of me. Constance rolled down her window, seeing me and sighing. "Hop in."

"I can't. My aunt's coming to pick me up after school. I can't go to volleyball anymore until they say so. So there goes all my fun. My hopes for being captain or co-captain," I said bitterly. That was on me though. I screwed shit up for myself.

I found myself still getting up and going up to Con's car, leaning against it as other cars picked up their teens.

"I gotta talk to the team and apologize to them about Angelle's behavior. You know, with me being a role model and all," she shrugged. "Stay out front and I can take you home...or, wherever."

I shook my head, "I really don't wanna piss these people off anymore than necessary." I smiled down at her inside of the Corvette. "But thanks anyways."

Con seemed to be thinking for a moment.

"Maybe you could swing by the library more often...say that you're tryna throw yourself into your studies."

"Okay, but I'll have to wait a little while. Maybe like a week. I don't wanna suddenly ask and then they catch on," I blushed.

"Lean in," she told me quickly, "I wanna tell you something."

"What?" I asked, leaning my head into the car.

She gave me a deep kiss and I blushed again.

My phone buzzed, my aunt telling me she was a light away from the school.

"Thanks, Constance," I smiled.

"No problem, beautiful."

She sighed. "About the whole...Angelle thing-

"No, I get it. You're in college and I can't expect you to be loyal when I'm not there...or, when I don't attend your school," I sighed.

"No," she frowned deep, "That is not the case. I-I might've done something with Meah at the party. But it wasn't with Angelle. And I was looking for an outlet for my emotions in the moment. I know," she reached out to grab my hand, "We're not together, but I owe you some sort of loyalty, right? I won't do it again, Vee. Okay?"

"When you start owein' a person loyalty, then it starts to sound like a relationship, buddy," I patted her head, smiling. I took in a deep breath, "It's time to go. See you at the library...in a few days hopefully."

"You really needa get my number. Unless you already have it from the volleyball group chat," she inquired.

"I have it," I smiled.

"Well, if your phone isn't bein' monitored or whatever. Maybe you should...text me sometime, Vee."

Constance turned forward, "See you."

"See you," I waved.

I looked down at my phone. 'Here'.

Comment