Ch. 1: News Chaos

You bask in the warmth that the coffee exudes, feeling the heat of the cup seep into your fingertips. Nestled in the corner booth of the quaint café, you find comfort in the news channel that plays on the television before you. It's your time to unwind after the anxiety-inducing interview from the day before.

The night following the interview was nothing but an agonizing ride. The burden of whether or not you had landed the job had consumed your mind. Even during your supposed relaxation time, you remained awake, letting your mind spiral into an unfathomable frenzy. Unwanted thoughts continually bombarded you with a list of potential mistakes you might have made during the interview.

Which is why, it was an absolute relief to receive the 5 AM phone call confirming that you had indeed secured the position. The thrill of success washed over you, as if you had won the 50/50 twice in a 10 pull. After the excitement subsided, you allowed yourself to indulge in a cozy slumber, only to awaken a few hours later, ready to celebrate.

Hence, you find yourself here, savoring the aromatic scent of freshly roasted coffee beans that saturates the air. "Nothing like a simple cup of coffee in the morning," you muse to yourself. As you take your first sip, all your worries and stresses dissipate into the air, leaving you feeling rejuvenated.

"Breaking news, 5wirl's illustrious manager -- Kim, has quitted his job at 9 this morni-"

*CHOKES*

Shocked by this unexpected news you choke on your drink, awkwardly drawing the attention of people around you.

Kimmy Lin, most commonly known as Kim, is a highly respected and beloved manager in the industry. He is known for his kindness, philanthropy and dedication towards his co-workers and band members. He is also famously known as 5wirl's manager, being with 5wirl from the very beginning way before their journey to success, which is why you're dumbfounded on why he would quit.

As you try to gather your thoughts, your social media notifications start flooding in with people posting questions and speculations about Kim's sudden departure.

"MANAGER KIM QUITTED?"

"Does 5wirl have anything to do with it???"

"What's 5wirl's reaction?!"

"WHAT HAPPENED TO MANAGER KIM??"

"I wonder if they're gonna get a new manager."

"Omg guys this is my chance 😍"

Rumors and theories start to spread like wildfire, the news was spreading faster than you initially thought. Even after you left the café you could hear people gossiping about it. 5wirl addressed the news by posting a formal farewell on all of their social media platforms. As of now, Kim's whereabouts and status remain unknown.

˖⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹

Despite the chaotic events of the preceding week, your eagerness for work remains undiminished, as evidenced by your early bedtime, hearty breakfast, and early departure for your inaugural day at work.

"Now what." 

Alas, your want to head to work early has deceived you as you find yourself reclining listlessly upon a sofa, gazing at the ceiling's blank expanse, bereft of any company save for the faint silhouettes of security guards outside.

A resigned sigh escapes your lips, and you lapse into a few moments of silence before rallying yourself with a deep-seated groan. You arch your back and stretch your arms out, before finally deciding: "Might as well look around."

Wandering aimlessly through the corridors of the immense building, you traverse doorways, passageways, atria, charming cafes, lounges, a spacious cafeteria, a grand ballroom, and myriad other chambers. It is during this walk that you come across a suspicious letter, positioned conspicuously in a relatively empty hall.