Ch. 7: Supplant

As the members lounge on the couch, waiting for the impending meeting to commence, you stand beside the woman with a heavy heart, well aware of the purpose behind the sudden assembly.

【┘】15 minutes ago...

You stood frozen, drenched in a pool of uncertainty at the deafening silence. As you were preparing to head into work, the same woman from two months ago intercepted you. Her gaze was cold, and her expression was blank. Suddenly, she took a deep breath and shattered the thick atmosphere, 

"You're being replaced."

Your heart raced as you struggled to comprehend her words. "What?" you gasped, your voice cracking with confusion. You looked at her, bewildered.

The woman let out a deep sigh. "I'm sorry to inform you so suddenly, but we had to let you know as soon as possible. Y/N, we've found a suitable replacement for you."

Questions and concerns flooded your mind. "What will happen to me? Am I getting fired? What about the band?"

"You'll still be employed as a band manager, but we'll assign you to a new band that's more suited to your age and experience," she explained. "As for your current band," she glanced at the unopened dorm door, "I'll also personally inform them."

【┘】Present time...

Your heart sinks as the reality hits you: after weeks of forging bonds, you'll soon be assigned to a new band, surrounded by unfamiliar faces. It was an outcome you knew was inevitable from the start.

As you stand in the living room, surrounded by the members of the band you had grown to love and cherish, you can't help but feel a sense of loss and sadness. The woman who had informed you of your reassignment stands in the middle of the room, her expression stern and business-like.

The lady clears her throat to gather the attention of the members, taking a deep breath before making her announcement. "I have an urgent update to share with all of you today," she begins. "Manager Y/N will no longer be working with 5wirl, and we have decided to bring in a more experienced manager to take over." Her words hang heavily in the air, and despite having heard this news earlier, you still feel a sense of shock and disbelief settling in.

You observe as a wave of emotions washes over the faces of the members. "Wait, Manager Y/N is leaving us?!" Venti thrusts up from his seat in utter shock.

"Tch," Xiao mutters under his breath, his tone dripping with contempt. His face darkens, a vicious gaze takes over as his eyes meet the ground.

"Hey hey hold on now, what do you mean by 'replace'?" Heizou asks the woman calmly, his demeanor seemingly unfazed, though the piercing glare he throws her says otherwise.

You can sense the tension in the air as the woman stands her ground, unmoved by the reactions of the members. "I mean exactly what I said," the woman responds sternly. "Y/N will be reassigned to another band. Their role here was temporary until we could find a more suitable person to manage this band, and we have."

The sound of approaching footsteps shatters the tension of the room, and your eyes turn to the door as it slowly creaks open. Emerging from the shadows, an early middle-aged man appears, nearly the same age as Kim.

"Ah, perfect timing," the lady's voice rings out, her attention shifting from the man to the band. "May I introduce Yun, your official new manager. He will be assuming management of the band, and you will all report to him from this moment forward."

Yun steps forward, his hand waving happily in greeting. "Hello everyone, pleasure to meet you all." He smiles innocently, as if oblivious to the hostile glares shot by the members.