Ch. 4: A Sudden Intuition

➳Heizou

"Let's see... Venti, check! Aether, check! Xiao and Kazuha, double check!"

As you peruse your checklist, you confidently tick off each name.

When the band is having their daily practice routine, each member is allocated to individual rooms designated for their respective instruments. This allows them to hone their craft with specialized music instructors, providing a daily routine for skill development. At a predetermined interval during each session, you visit to oversee each band member's progress.

"Last but not least," you whisper as you turn the doorknob with care, trying not to disrupt the ongoing session.

"Excuse me, pardon my interruption. I'm only here to..." Your words trail off as you look around the room, finding it completely empty.

"Heizou?" you call out, but your voice echoes back at you in a disconcerting silence. An eerie feeling grips you as you continue to wander aimlessly around the room, but all you find is a storage closet tucked away in the corner that you haven't explored.

As you approach the closet, you cautiously peer through the small transom, but all you see is an empty, foreboding darkness that sends shivers down your spine. "Like hell I'm going in there, that's how you die in a horror movie." You say to yourself as you start backing away from the door.

You quickly turn to leave, but before you can take a step, a shriek escapes your throat as a hand reaches out from behind and pulls you into the closet with a swift motion.

A sudden rush of adrenaline surges through your veins as you sense an intrusive presence pressing against your form. A slender, yet warm hand forcefully clasps over your mouth, its presence both alarming and tantalizing. Their heated breath playfully dances upon your skin, igniting a rapid flutter within your chest. Your hands, rendered immobile, are firmly pinned against the wall above your head, restrained by the grip of this mysterious being's other hand.

Despite your efforts to break free, the unknown entity's grip only tightens. You resign yourself to the idea that this might be the end. "Well, farewell world. It was nice knowing ya," you silently concede, an internal sigh permeating your thoughts.

Slowly, you open your eyes to find a pair of captivating olive-green orbs staring back at you. As you adjust your vision, you recognize the familiar, daunting figure standing before you. No it's not some boogeyman, ghost, or anything remotely terrifying. It's none other than your friendly neighborhood drummer, Shikanoin Heizou.

He places a finger to his lips, signaling for you to remain silent. "Heizouuuu? Heizouu!!" The sound of his name echoes from a distance. The yelling grows louder and louder until it's right outside the door of the room. As if on cue, the door opens, revealing the assigned music instructor calling out Heizou's name.

"Heizou?" The instructor sighs in frustration. "He's still not here." With a resigned shake of his head, he closes the door and departs. Heizou breathes a sigh of relief and backs away, removing his hand from your hands and mouth, giving you the freedom to speak. You respond with a silent, annoyed look, crossing your arms to communicate your irritation without words.

"Hey hey now, I know you might be mad but-"

"Tell me why your assigned instructor desperately looking for you," you snap, your irritation palpable.

"Sheesh, not a moment to waste huh?" he mutters under his breath. You continue to glare at him in stony silence until he finally relents with a defeated sigh. "Alright alright," he throws his hands up in surrender. "I concede."

˖⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹

You perch yourself on nearby box, waiting for Heizou to continue his confession. "Hmm... Well, let me think for a moment..." he rubs his chin thoughtfully. "Ah yes, it all started just last night, during the moments of my sleep. Suddenly this voice, this -- echo kept protruding to my thoughts," Heizou inches closer and closer to you, "Till only these words are now stuck in my brain." He gets even closer, until only an inch remains between your face and his.