Ch. 18: Belleau Ball

➳Kazuha

Masks, an air of mystery, and an aura of elegance -- the essential elements for a magical night at the Fontaine Belleau Ball, a mesmerizing masquerade soirée that unfolds only during the rare occurrence of the blue moon.

However, achieving entry into this exclusive affair demands more than a dash of luck.

The ball is hosted by a figure of remarkable elegance and immense wealth. To secure an invitation to this opulent gathering, one must rise above the ordinary and stand out.

And in the wake of the Favonius Music Awards and the events that transpired... you are definitely standing out.

˖⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹

"Look here!"

"How does it feel to be invited to perform to one of the most grandest balls ever?"

"What stunning outfits! Who tailored them?"

"You're the new manager right? How does it feel?"

"Smile for the camera!"

A sudden burst of light sears into your eyes, making you squint against the temporary blindness.

As mentioned earlier, you and 5wirl currently stand out like a sore thumb. But it's precisely this distinction that has earned 5wirl a coveted invitation to perform on the grand stage of the prestigious Belleau ball.

Did you spend last night tossing and turning, your eyes bloodshot from the endless number of things that could go wrong? Yes. But will this performance opportunity be worth it? Also yes.

After relentless hard work and unwavering determination, the day of the blue moon's arrival, and consequently, the night of the ball, has finally dawned.

Though, instead of being greeted by the soft, enchanting glow of the blue moon, you're greeted by the blinding flashes of paparazzi cameras. Swarming around you and the band as soon as you step out of the limo, making your way down the blue-carpeted entrance to the ball.

"Please make some room," the guards assertively urge the crowd to step back, creating a path for you and the band.

The guards continue to clear a path, and the entrance to the ballroom draws nearer. The sounds of music and laughter spill out from the open doors, promising an evening of glamour and excitement. It's a stark contrast to the chaos outside, and you hope that once inside, the band can enjoy the celebration without any further disturbances.

˖⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹

As you enter the ballroom, you can't help but be awestruck by its sheer magnificence. It becomes abundantly clear why only the elite find themselves graced with invitations to this extraordinary venue. The decor is a symphony of opulence, where hues of blue, white, and gold intermingle, creating an elegance that rivals even the glistening sea.

I mean you may have glimpsed images of the ball before, but in person, its splendor is nothing short of breathtaking.

Just then, the sound of a microphone being tapped catches your attention, and a poised woman takes center stage with an enigmatic smirk playing on her lips.

"My dear people, whether you come with wealth or simply the clothes on your back, those with cup in hand and those with nothing at all, raise your glasses in celebration! If you don't have one, then just raise your hand in lieu." She proclaims, her tone carrying an air of superiority. Her hair, a captivating blend of white and light blue, shimmers brilliantly in the spotlight.