Ch. 16: Summer Festival Pt. 2

"Heyy, let go!"

In the bustling crowd, you find yourself in a predicament, your hand firmly grasped and pulled by an unexpected visitor.

"Let go or let's go?" They ask. They, as in -- the person who had just rushed up to you, offered a quick greeting, and then unceremoniously dragged you away without consent.

With a deadpan expression, you retort, "Let go, you tone-deaf bard."

But of course, the person dragging you had to be none other than the 5wirl's lead singer.

"You're right, let's go!" Venti exclaims, his pace quickening as they continue to pull you away from your cozy seating area, heading to who knows where.

"Istg I need therapy for managing this band."

˖⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹

"Okay, seriously, let go, Venti. I really need to get back to-"

You're interrupted as Venti abruptly halts, causing you to bump into him slightly. "Aw c'mon, won't you let me borrow you for a while?" he says, oozing charm.

"Borrow me?" Your brow raises in surprise.

"Ehe, you've been with the others half the day. I haven't had the chance to have you all to myself, you know?" Venti playfully deepens his voice, adding a flirtatious touch to his words.

A blush creeps up your face, and a shiver runs down your spine. Venti, being unusually flirty? Safe to say it catches you off guard, and you squint your eyes, examining his countenance. "Are you drunk?"

"Wha- no!" He releases your hands, crossing his arms defensively. "I mayyy have had a drink or two, but I'm still very much in my state of mind!" he insists.

A sigh escapes you. "Is that why you've been acting a bit weird?"

"Hm? What's so weird about wanting to have you all to myself?" he responds, gazing at you with puppy eyes.

"I'm your manager, Venti."

Venti falls into a momentary silence, then blurts out, "...I like you."

"What?"

"What?" He echoes your words, pretending as if nothing significant had occurred.

"What the fuck- Okay, you're definitely drunk now."

Rubbing your temples in exasperation, you think to yourself, "Well, at least he's not completely wasted like last time."

Surveying your surroundings, you find yourself puzzled. "Where even are we?" you ask, surrounded by dense forests, with a shimmer of light breaking through the tree barks, likely emanating from the festival lights.

"Just a road from the festival venue leading to a forest," Venti explains.

"And why are we here?" you cross your arms and ask him, feeling a mix of concern and frustration.

"Uhhhhh," Venti looks contemplatively to the side, his balance becoming noticeably unsteady, likely a consequence of the alcohol.

With a resigned sigh, you turn your back to the road leading back to the festival. "Let's go back and get you some water to sober up," you suggest, beginning to walk away.

"Huh? Wait!" Venti exclaims, swiftly reaching out to grasp your wrist.

You halt, turning back to face him. He faces you with sad brows, and his eyes seem to plead, as if you're the only thing he needs in life.

For a moment, you both stare at each other in silence, emotions swirling between you, before Venti finally says, "Don't go."

"Venti..."