Ch. 10: Idol Rivalry

Two weeks have elapsed since the tumultuous manager ordeal unfolded. As a form of compensation, the industry has bestowed upon you a personal office space, ensconced within an unused room in the 5wirl's dormitory. But just as you think the dust was settling, another unexpected event comes crashing down like a meteor: The Favonius Music Awards.

The Favonius Music Awards, hosted by the esteemed Favonius Academy of Arts, serves to recognize exceptional accomplishments in the music industry. Widely regarded as the most esteemed and consequential awards program in the global music landscape.

Each year, performers of all kinds, including soloists, groups, bands, and songwriters, come together to participate in this grandiose event.

And as with previous years, 5wirl has once again secured a nomination, this time for the coveted title of "Best Boy Group Performance." Which means you are entrusted with ensuring that they deliver their most outstanding performance to date.

"They've been in this industry for years and I have to figure out how to deliver their best performance yet?!" You find yourself screaming internally.

As you stare at the nomination letter on your desk, a feeling of both excitement and trepidation begins to wash over you. You know that the stakes are high, and the pressure to deliver a show-stopping performance is immense. After all, this is not just any performance - this is the Favonius Music Awards, the pinnacle of achievement in the music industry.

You slump forward, resting your head on your desk with a groan of frustration.

"Knock knock~," a voice interrupts from outside the room.

The door creaks open, and a familiar burgundy-clad figure saunters in. "My, my, look at you with your very own office. How's it- huh?" The boy's sentence is cut short as he takes in your deflated demeanor.

"Oh- oh my, you don't look so good. Don't tell me you got food poisoning from Venti's cooking?" He remarks, his tone tinged with playful teasing.

You muster the energy to lift your head slightly, peering at the enigmatic figure before you. "Heizou? What are you doing here?" You ask, your voice thick with fatigue.

"Oh? Just checking in on my cute manager, of course," he responds with a hint of charm, his eyes sparkling mischievously.

"Hmm," Heizou contemplates, narrowing his eyes as he observes both your physique and the letter in your hand. "Ahh, I see. We've been nominated for the Favonius Music Awards, haven't we?"

You nod wearily, affirming his observation. "Mmhm," you reply in a fatigued tone.

"Ohoho! Nominated for the Favonius Music Awards?" A perky voice interjects, interrupting the conversation. Suddenly, a head pops out from the ajar door.

The newcomer reveals themselves to be none other than the lead vocalist himself, Venti. "I'm not surprised that we've been nominated once again for an award. We are pretty amazing, after all. Ah but of course, none of this would be possible without the help of the main singer - me!" he adds with a self-assured grin.

Before anyone could respond, another voice laced with a sigh interjects. "Get over yourself," the voice says, and you see Xiao pop out and stand beside the twin-braided idol, his expression one of mild annoyance.

"Heh, I had a feeling someone was eavesdropping," Heizou remarks, his eyes scanning Venti and Xiao with a knowing glint.

"You could say my hearing is on par with my singing." Venti brags, a smug smile stretching across his face.

Xiao raises an eyebrow at Venti's boast. "Is your cooking also on par with your math skills?" he queries.

"Huh?" Venti's brow furrows in confusion. "But I'm terrible at math."