Ch. 5: Charity Concert

➳Aether

It's officially been full month since you were bestowed with the title of manager for the popular idol band, 5wirl. The sheer magnitude of your accomplishments in such a short span of time is nothing short of awe-inspiring. It's so unbelievable in fact that you pinch yourself once in a while to verify whether or not your dreaming. Amidst the flurry of activity in these past few weeks, you've managed to forge meaningful connections with the band members, basking in days filled with joy and laughter.

And of course all the more work.

"Place the speakers there," you command with authority, pointing decisively towards the stage. The staff promptly scurries to execute your instruction and leaves.

"U-uh, Manager Y/N?" Interjects a timid staff member. "Where- where should we place t-the snacks?" 

"I told you to handle them later. We have no time for snacks right now, our main priority is the stage!" You chide him, your tone sharp with frustration. "Ugh..." You rub your temples. "And where in the archons is the equipment?!"

The relentless pressures of managing a top-tier idol band have really taken the toll on you. Salt, stress, and absolutely no rest, these were the ingredients chosen to create the perfect irritated manager you are today.

Following the industry's announcement that it was safe for public appearances, you proposed a bold plan for their concert comeback -- an outdoor charity event that would not only captivate the hearts of fans but also contribute to a worthy cause.

After arduous negotiations with company executives and meticulous planning, you were finally granted the green light to set up the concert. Surely, things would go smoothly from here on out.

Right?

"Who knew some people are so... incompetent!" A deep, exasperated groan escapes your lips for the tenth time.

The wrath of your annoyance was clear as daylight as people started to feel frightened by your angry demeanor, scrambling to complete their tasks with haste and trembling nerves whenever you're near.

Just as you're about to lose your composure, a gentle patter of footsteps interrupts your thoughts. As you turn to look you're met by a comforting smile from your hired stagehand, Naganohara Yoimiya. 

"Gah, I don't think I can handle this much longer Yoi," you confess, your voice heavy with exhaustion.

"Which is whyy, you should rest silly!" Yoimiya chirps, her voice brimming with positivity. "As the stagehand, I can handle everything else from here. You've done enough already, so just relax and unwind for a bit!"

You look at her worryingly, your mouth curving into a pensive frown. "...Are you sure? Like absolutely positive?"

"Yesssss, now go!" Yoimiya insists, taking charge of the situation and dragging you off the stage. 

With your worries temporarily quelled, you watch from a distance as Yoimiya rallies the troops and directs the stage setup, her expertise and enthusiasm rubbing off on everyone around her. In that moment, you only had one thought one your mind:

Are you glad to have a friend like her.

You settle down languidly onto a nearby chair, your body feeling weighed down by the accumulated fatigue of the day. As you shut your eyes, a sense of relaxation washes over you and you quickly drift into a deep slumber.

More like a 12 minute nap.

"Stopp, 5 more minutes." Irritated, you swat the hand away with a dismissive flick of your wrist. But the annoying poking persists unabated.