Ch. 2: Unbroken Bond

➳Xiao

A day had elapsed since your rendezvous with the band, at the bar you engaged in heart-to-heart conversations, delving into the depths of each member's personality, and in doing so, dissipated any remnant of anxiety that had lingered within you.

After the outing, you returned home and promptly began your managerial duties, organizing each member's schedules and other various trifling chores. Thankfully in the aftermath of former manager Kim's abrupt leave, the band had been instructed to maintain a low profile for a number of weeks in order to assuage the arising press. Consequently, no weighty tasks had been delegated to you as of yet.

Although now you may be at ease, deep down you still fear a huge anxiety inducing event is slowly arising. What would that be? Everyone's worst nightmare, angry fans. 

BREAKING NEWS: 5wirl expeditiously replaced their old manager Kimmy Lin with a new --younger, way less superior one. Archons, you can already sense the drama and chaos ensuing.

Even now, conspiracy theories have already begun to circulate regarding the identity of the new manager. If given multiple chances to guess, no one would have imagined that a newly hired employee would hold the critical role. "What if the hate gets too much and I actually get fired because of it?!" These thoughts start to seep into your mind.

You gasp, "And the most disgusting of all; sasaengs, a complete horror to idol fans and even the idol themselves. Hell, I might be murdered by one if they know their new manager is around their ages. What have I gotten myself into?!" The magnitude of the impending hate and backlash looms ominously in your mind.

"Hello there." A soft spoken voice breaks your thoughts.

You turn your head in surprise, only to be met with vermillion red. "Ah, Kazuha!" you exclaim.

A comforting smile greets your eyes. "Pardon my intrusion, I could not help but notice that you appear to be in some distress. Might I inquire as to what ails you?"

You wave your hands in denial. "Oh! I'm fine, please don't worry about me."

"You must be manager Y/N right? I've heard nothing short of praises about you since my return from my walk," Kazuha remarks with a gentle chuckle. "Permit me to offer my sincerest apologies if we've imposed an overwhelming burden upon your person. To be entrusted with such a huge band at an early stage must indeed pose an arduous task."

"Ah! Thank you for your worries, I'll be fine." You give him a reassuring look. "Oh right, are the others ready yet?"

"I'll go check on them for you," he says with a smile as he walks away to get the others.

You set out early to work, with a singular purpose in mind: to form a closer bond with each of the band members. Former manager Kim had established such an amazing bond with each of the members -- including Xiao, who's mostly known for his austere personality. It was always heartwarming to see snapshots of the band and their former manager reveling in each other's company, be it in photos they post or fans spotting their jovial interactions.

Truly, a bond that can never be broken.

Which was why you thanked the archons when you got graced with the opportunity to a leisurely day trip to the Whispering Woods. The reason for your fortuitous vacation? Simply put, a bored tone deaf bard has quiet the talent for persuasion.

The Whispering Woods, with its alluring natural beauty and tranquil environment, has earned widespread popularity as a favored haunt for teenagers and young adults. The idyllic spot is a haven for those seeking refuge from the chaos of city life, offering the perfect setting for camping, picnicking, and hiking.