Ch. 12: Well, shit

Your astonishment is palpable as your mouth hangs agape, mirroring the wide-eyed wonderment that has engulfed you. Through the live camera lens, you can almost sense the penetrating gaze of fans back home.

Left with no alternative, you gather your resolve and ascend the stage, compelled by the moment's gravity. Venti passes you the microphone, a mischievous smile adorns his face, a face that you are so going to kill once given the chance. Taking a deep breath, you address the crowd through the microphone, mustering your words.

"Um, well," you begin, trying to temper the trepidation in your voice, "Thank you to Venti and the rest of the band for this opportunity."

Despite the inner turmoil threatening to consume you, you summon resilience and regain composure. "As 5wirl's new manager, I am very proud of the band's accomplishments, especially considering the many challenges we've faced in recent months. I firmly believe that this remarkable group has the potential to reach even greater heights," you proclaim, casting a smile towards each band member. "I am truly proud of all of you."

Turning your attention back to the audience, a surge of determination courses through you. "Right, let's give it up for 5wirl!" The room erupts in a thunderous applause, reverberating with fervor and appreciation.

As you step down from the stage and reclaim your seat, a profound sense of relief washes over you, prompting an audible sigh of respite. "Ah, what an absolutely magnificent speech from our ma-"

"Are you INSANE??" you interject, seizing Venti by the collar.

"What was that!? Why didn't you inform me about this!?" You barrage him with a flurry of questions.

"Whoa, whoa, calm down manager," Heizou interjects. "We all had planned this from the start,"

Slowly releasing your grip on Venti, you inquire, "What do you mean?"

Kazuha affirms, "It's true. In fact, we had already obtained approval from the CEO's assistant."

Aether takes the lead, sensing the perplexity etched across your face. "Basically, since you're now our official manager following the entire Mr. Yun event, we thought it would be fitting to announce it live on stage if we won."

"And if we hadn't, we would've announced it promptly on social media after the event ended," he continues.

"We didn't tell you because... Well, hehe, where's the fun in that?" Venti adds with a playful grin.

Relinquishing your hold on Venti, you slump back into your chair, drained of energy. "Seriously, you all need to inform me of such plans in the future. I nearly had a heart attack out there," you remark, exhaling a sigh.

"Nevertheless, thank you." Lifting your head, you offer them a grateful smile before resuming your relaxed position.

˖⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹

As the event draws to a close, the time to leave arrives. But of course, no gathering is complete without a proper farewell.

"My liege, we meet again." Xingqiu approaches you with a soft smile, accompanied by the rest of the TVT Dream members.

"That was awesome!" Bennett exclaims, raising his hands in the air with uncontainable excitement, his personality reminiscent of another fiery individual you know.

"The lights, so, sparkly. And everyone, on stage, so mesmerizing," Razor shares, awe evident in his voice.

"And the windy and fresh atmosphere, it was like I could stay and watch all day." Chongyun adds.