Ch. 15: Summer Festival Pt. 1

The long-awaited annual summer festival has arrived at last. Every year, as summer draws to a close, the city comes alive with a magnificent festival, welcoming the forthcoming fall season and paying tribute to cherished historical traditions.

In an effort to infuse the atmosphere with relaxation and joy leading up to an upcoming concert, you took the initiative to secure permission from the company and invited the band to partake in the festivities and join in the revelry.

Now, gathered at the festival's entrance, adorned in traditional attire, complete with the customary hats, and masks to ensure anonymity from fans, you and your companions are poised to explore the lively venue and indulge in the festive spirit.

As you step through the entrance, a spectacle of vibrant sights unfolds before your eyes. Lush greenery and blossoming flowers create a picturesque backdrop, adding a touch of natural beauty to the festivities.

Decorative banners flutter gently in the breeze, displaying intricate patterns and symbolic motifs that pay homage to the city's rich cultural heritage. Lanterns gracefully illuminate the sky, casting a gentle glow upon the scene. 

Food vendors diligently prepare an assortment of delectable delicacies, while stall keepers diligently arrange their wares, offering an enticing selection of festive merchandise for avid shoppers to peruse.

The venue is nothing short of stunning.

"Mmmm! What is that smell?" Venti's eyes sparkle with delight as he is greeted by the irresistible aroma emanating from one of the vendors upon his arrival. Unable to resist its allure, he swiftly makes a beeline towards the food stalls, venturing away from the rest of the group.

Following suit, the others start to separate as well, each embarking on their own personal endeavors, leaving you ultimately to your own devices. 

As you wander the festival grounds in search of amusement, your attention is drawn to a guy donning sunglasses, a hat, and a mask. However, unlike the traditional attire commonly seen, this person is sporting a worn-out hoodie.

Curiosity ensues -- could he also be an idol in disguise? Who the shit wears an old hoodie to such a vibrant festival? An idol who doesn't care about historical traditions by the looks of it.

The individual in question also carries a substantial backpack, at this point it looks more like the dude's going a drug deal rather than a festival. 

As you steal a few more glances, you suddenly hear rapid footsteps approaching from behind. The cadence of the footsteps almost sounds like a lion eagerly closing in on its prey.

Swiftly pivoting, you come face-to-face with the approaching person, who abruptly halts before seizing both your hands, exuberantly jumping up and down. "Oh, my, god! Omgomgomg!" they squeal with unbridled excitement.

Your face immediately lights up with joy as you recognize the familiar presence. "Yoi! You're here too?"

"You bet! What's a summer festival without the queen of summer herself?" she proudly assert.

"Soooo, how's everything been after the whole... well... you know. I've missed you so much!" She pause their energetic jumping and inquire.

"Aw, I've missed you too. Everything's been going great, actually."

"That's so great to hear! I heard 5wirl won the annual Favonius Music Awards. Congrats! That must've been super stressful for you to plan. Are you doing okay? Oh, I also heard that you've been officially announced to the world now. How are you handling it? Are you fine? Is everything alright? If you're feeling anxious we can totally have a bestie night out tomorrow," she says, the whole thing being a rollercoaster of emotions for her.