Ch. 11: Favonius Music Awards

Thus arrived the momentous day of the prestigious music awards, wherein you find yourself seated at your designated position alongside your bandmates chairs, at a lavishly adorned table. Thankfully for you and the band, this year you've been seated far away from DCKZ's assigned seat.

Anxious jitters cause your fingers to fidget as you strive to contain the explosive excitement brewing within. Afterall, this marks your first presence at an awards show, as you have traditionally been a viewer from the cozy confines of your home, accompanied by television snacks. Yet, tonight, you have the extraordinary opportunity to witness the spectacle live, immersing yourself in its vibrant atmosphere.

Prior to the start of the award show, the guests and celebrities are granted the liberty to engage in whatever they desire, such as engaging in conversations with fellow stars, perusing the offerings at the buffet, and partaking in other amusements. As for the majority of the band members, they opt to explore the venue, pursuing their individual interests and diversions. Meanwhile, you find yourself engulfed in a sea of anxiety, forlorn and overwhelmed by your own thoughts.

"Manager Y/N," a gentle, modulated voice interrupts your ruminations.

Your gaze intersects with Kazuha's tender eyes, the sole band member who chose to remain seated beside you at the table.

"Are you certain you wish to remain here? There are plentiful things to partake in," he remarks.

You shake your head. "I'm fine with it."

"Are you sure? Personally, I find solace in remaining seated, as I have frequented this venue on numerous occasions. I would rather indulge in crafting additional haikus. However, considering this is your first experience, I encourage you to fully immerse yourself in the ambiance by exploring the venue," he suggests.

Observing your fidgeting fingers, Kazuha assesses the situation before adding, "Moreover, it is entirely understandable to feel nervous. Nevertheless, considering the extraordinary trials you have already conquered, I have complete faith in your ability to triumph over this one as well." With a warm smile, he gently rests his palm upon yours.

He's right; you shouldn't take this event for granted. Emboldened by his words, you rise from your seat and express gratitude to Kazuha, before embarking on your voyage through the crowded area. Unbeknownst to you, your protesting stomach directs your footsteps towards the buffet situated at the far end of the venue.

Throughout your journey, you valiantly try to not pass out as you catch sight of numerous renowned stars and idols. Thankfully, you manage to persevere, ultimately arriving at your intended destination.

Your gaze fixates upon the expansive buffet, eyes alight with curiosity and desire as you behold the delectable spread before you. With plate in hand, you select an array of appetizing foods. Amidst the delightful chaos, a nearby conversation seizes your attention.

"Ughh," a boy with lustrous light blue hair grumbles. "Do all these food contain spice??" he laments.

"Not a fan of spicy food, huh?" you muse to yourself, a shrug accompanying your observation.

The companion beside him, sporting darker blue hair, giggles playfully. "Ah, dear Chongyun. It looks like you'll have to... try it," he teases, a mischievous smile spreading across his face.

Before Chongyun can respond, the dark-haired boy piles his plate with spicy dishes, clearly intending to entice his friend into trying them.

"Ah, excuse me," you address them, pivoting towards the pair. "There are actually some non-spicy options available here. I'm grabbing them myself." You gesture towards the tray before you.