Ch. 13: Walks And Worries

➳Xiao

Okay truth be told, the aftermath of your official announcement has left you teetering on the edge of panic. Nevertheless, you're determined to maintain composure and avoid another meltdown.

Now that you have been officially introduced, your ability to go about your daily life without secrecy or disguise has become nearly impossible, as you risk being bombarded by fervent 5wirl fans.

Hence, on the band's well-deserved day off following their music awards victory, you find yourself at home, contemplating what to do with your newfound free time.

You have never been so bored.

"Should I call Yoi? Oh, wait no, she's working," you mutter to yourself while browsing through your phone's contacts.

Continuing to scroll, you stumble upon Kaeya's number that he shared with you yesterday. "Maybe... wait- also no. He's probably busy from losing yesterday."

A sigh escapes your lips as you realize that most of your friends lead incredibly busy lives. Contacting one of the band members crosses your mind, but you hesitate, not wanting to disturb their day off.

With a loud groan, you slump onto your couch, succumbing to a feeling of defeat. You've exhausted your snack supply, watched all the interesting movies on your TV, and spent almost all your money on gacha games.

"And it's not like I can go outside alone either, I'll get murdered by the fans," you say to yourself, although deep down, the real reason is just that you're lazy.

With limited options at hand, you resign yourself to the idea of sleeping away the day, even though it hasn't even reached its halfway mark. After all, what else is there to do besides staring at the ceiling?

Suddenly, the sound of the doorbell disrupts your lethargic reverie.

Letting out a loud groan, you resist the urge to remain sprawled on the couch. Summoning the last remnants of energy, you sluggishly make your way toward the door.

Opening the door with heavy-lidded eyes, you manage a half-hearted, "Yes?" However, your eyes widen abruptly as you take in the sight before you -- the person standing at your doorstep, is none other than your emo bandmate, Xiao.

However, something seems off about him. His appearance appears more polished than usual, and did he do something different with his hair?

"Xiao? What are you doing?" you inquire, your head tilting slightly in confusion.

He meets your gaze with an enigmatic expression before uttering in a monotone voice, "Nothing."

A deadpan expression graces your face. "Well, clearly you're standing on my porch." you retort. Suddenly, a lingering aroma wafts through the air, prompting you to lean closer to Xiao and taking a subtle sniff. "And... are you wearing cologne?"

His face flushes crimson as he hastily retreats, coughing. "No! Ahem. It's inappropriate to sniff people so carelessly. You have no respect."

Your deadpan countenance deepens. "Alright then. Why've you come?" you question, hoping for an explanation.

Xiao clears his throat, his voice slightly trembling. "I just- I'd like to know if you're busy."

You raise an eyebrow inquisitively. "Uh, not really. Why do you ask?"

He takes a deep breath, gathering his thoughts. "If you have free time, we can go take a stroll around the city together..." His words are gentle and tentative. "But if you'd rather not... that's fine," he adds.

His unexpected proposition catches you off guard. However, faced with the prospect of escaping your boredom, you realize it's a perfect opportunity to break free from the monotony.