Ch. 9: Together Once More

Xiao rises from slumber to a pool of sweat saturating his clothes, realizing with a jolt up that he's been subjected to another restless night plagued by nightmares, nightmares of you. In these recurring dreams, the two of you reunite and spend time together, only for you to disappear suddenly and leave him stranded in a desolate and ever-darkening realm.

He ponders the inexplicable hold that you have over him, as he struggles to come to terms with how someone he has known for only a few months can wield such power. With each passing day, it becomes increasingly difficult for him to move on from you, even more so than from his former manager, Kim.

As Xiao lies there, still catching his breath and trying to shake off the remnants of his dream, he wonders whether his feelings for you extend beyond mere infatuation. Perhaps his inability to shake the hold that you have on him is a sign of something more profound. But he also acknowledges that it could just be his mind playing tricks on him, conjuring up false emotions that he has mistakenly attributed to you.

"But how can that be? I-"

As he wrestles with his inner turmoil, the resounding thud of a knock on his door reverberates throughout the room. Xiao concludes it to be Manager Yun, pestering him once again about schedules and rehearsals. While he understands the importance of practice, Manager Yun's relentless focus on work has left little room for the band's personal needs. Fed up with the incessant interruptions, Xiao decides to ignore the knocking.

Yet, the incessant banging persists, a relentless assault on his ears. After what feels like an eternity, the knocking finally ceases, leading Xiao to believe that Manager Yun has finally relented.

However, the door suddenly creaks open, flooding the room with a blinding light that causes Xiao's eyes to squint in discomfort. As his vision gradually clears, he catches a glimpse of a familiar figure standing at the doorway, causing his eyes to widen in disbelief.

"Xiao!" you exclaim, your face lighting up with joy at the sight of him.

You settle down next to him on the bed, a foxy smile graces your features. "Surprise, actually happy to see me?" you teasingly say. However, Xiao remains speechless, his mind still reeling from the shock of your unexpected visit.

"Uh- Xiaoo, you there?" you ask, waving your hand in front of his face in an effort to snap him out of his daze. But he remains lost in his thoughts, trying to process the tumultuous emotions that are coursing through him.

Suddenly, the stunned expression on Xiao's face diminishes, replaced by a look of tender longing as he gazes upon your form. Without warning, he draws you into his embrace, his arms wrapping around you with a fierce intensity that grows stronger by the moment.

As Xiao clings to you, he can feel his heart begin to slow its frenzied beating, a sense of calm spreading through him like a soothing balm.

As he draws away from you, his eyes lock onto yours, his brow furrowing in consternation. "You... idiot," he murmurs, his voice quivering slightly. "Your past actions have caused great worry to those around you, don't you ever repeat them again." he says sternly, his gaze unwavering.

As he gazes at you with a blend of seriousness and worry, you nod your head in understanding. 

With that, he then envelops you back in a comforting embrace, and you shut your eyes, allowing a wave of tranquility to wash over you.

˖⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹

As Kazuha shuts the door behind him, he releases a deep sigh, having just returned from yet another walk. No matter how many times he embarks on these strolls, he cannot seem to shake off the gnawing emptiness that persists within his heart.