Chapter 1

Fighting.

That was the first thing he thought of.

He didn't know why it was all that was on his mind. He only knew that it was what he was feeling.

He didn't know where he was. He was simply... in his own thoughts. He was getting really hungry though, so he wanted to get out of his own head soon.

"I could really go for some meat right now", he thought to himself while in his own head. At least that is where he assumed he was. He had full control of everything going on, yet felt lost, like Zoro. To put it simply, it felt like he had control of his own dreams.

But he wanted out. He wanted to see his crew. He wanted to make sure that everyone was okay after the fight. They were his family and while he had no doubt in his mind they had all pulled through, he wanted to be there for them regardless. He needed to be. So Luffy did the only thing he could do: started thinking about meat more in hopes to get himself out of his own mind. If this was truly his own dream/sleep like state, then food should wake him up.

However, Luffy was not prepared to see nor feel what happened next, as he suddenly felt like he was falling. Where? He did not know, he only knew that he couldn't see where he would end up and that made him slightly cautious.

"Hm.... I should probably rocket out of here, since I don't know what'll happen to me if I don't. Shishishishi~" he laughed to himself.

"Gomu Gomu no Ro-", it was at this point that Luffy had realized his arms didn't stretch back like they normally did, that his arms had remained the same for some weird reason. "A mystery reason, like sea prism handcuffs..." Luffy thought to himself. Right after thinking this, he realized he was still falling somewhere, not knowing where he would end up, and thus started flailing around not knowing what to do. It wasn't until he hit the ground with a large thud that Luffy was surprisingly knocked out and fell asleep (yes, in his dream state).

When he awoke (in dream state) he was lying somewhere he thought he would never be again: the deck of the Going Merry. This alone surprised him enough to the point where his eyes widened in shock, as he had missed his old ship dearly. Sure, the Sunny was a wonderful ship to have, but he did miss Merry very much.

"ALLEH!", he yelled, stumbling back into one of the railings of the Merry, nearly falling into the ocean that now surrounded him in the process. If it hadn't been for a hand reaching out and grabbing his cardigan, he would've been sinking to the bottom of the ocean by now.

"Eh, Luffy. You really need to start being careful on this ship. We can't keep saving you from the ocean when we need to be getting to the Red Line!"

Luffy knew that voice all too well, as he quickly regained his balance, suddenly feeling his devil fruit powers once again, and looked up to see Nami yelling at him once again. Although, when he saw her, he was slightly confused. Nami, seeing the confusion on his face, threw a questioning look back at him in response before asking her next question.

"Luffy...did you not understand what I just said for the FIFTH time today!!??" Luffy hearing this tone and also seeing the fire engulf Nami's fist, knew he quickly needed to respond with anything in order to try not to get hit again. He was unsure of why, but somehow he always ended up injured whenever she hit him. Another mystery to solve later in time.

"No, Nami I heard you, you just looked different from when I last saw you so I was confused, I'm sorryyyy..." Luffy said and mumbled out the last part. Nami, now confused more than Luffy, lowered her first and stared at her captain quizzically.

"Luffy, we've been sailing for the past three days... without finding another island since. While I have been changing my outfits, how do I look different?" Nami was very confused at this point, crossing her arms and continuing to stare at Luffy for a response.