Chapter 2

While the fight had been concluded and everybody seemed to be making a recovery from the battle with the Beast Pirates, Nami simply could not get the thought of Luffy dying out of her head. I mean sure, Luffy had been fighting extremely difficult enemies since she met him but the thought of him dying, that was something she had a hard time shaking.

"Luffy," she thought to herself, "why won't you leave my mind for even five minutes today?" She quickly noticed her face heat up a bit, so she tried to think of something else, literally anything, to no avail. It was as if something had struck her since he'd woken back up. That she was able to see he was his normal self again, despite all the injuries he had sustained in that long battle. Especially when Otama told her that Luffy was looking their direction a short while after he woke. That stare, the way he had looked at her, the way he... blushed?

"Ehh.." she said aloud, getting sick of being trapped in her own mind, knowing that thinking to herself right now would drive her crazy, especially since she was supposed to be partying with the rest of Wano.

Yes, she was at the party, right in the center of the Flower Capitol. But instead of her having fun with the other people of Wano, who were overjoyed that they were finally free, she was sitting at a bar, staring at the drink in front of her. Sure, other people around her were drinking like crazy, some of them trying not to fall over from being so intoxicated, but she blocked it all out, keeping her eyes on the drink. She tried to find Zoro in order to challenge him to another drinking competition, but was unable to find him. She normally would have told someone else in the crew that he was probably lost, but knowing him, he was wherever the most booze was located.

She rested her elbows on the bar and put her hands in her face, not knowing what to do or what to think, she just knew that she either wanted answers or needed a real good distraction. And, as if her wish had came true, a hand was tapping her leg, a small gentle tap. Now, if it had been any other hand that had touched her leg her, Nami would have given them Zeus without a second thought. But she knew that gentle touch very well, and proceeded to turn around to a very happy Otama.

"Big Sis!!" Otama said loudly, trying to talk over the partying that surrounded them, "come with me through the town, I want to show you around and find something to eat!" When Nami looked down, she gave Otama a happy gentle smile and nod of her head. Nami assumed that they would be departing from Wano shortly, so spending time with Otama seemed like a wonderful idea. With this in mind, Nami grabbed Otama's hand and together they walked down the partying streets of Wano.

It was fun, just the distraction Nami needed to get out of her own head. They walked through the party, having a good time. Nami ended up getting Otama some candy and spent most of their time celebrating with other citizens, even stealing a few peoples wallets. No, she did not let Otama have any of the wallets. Maybe one.

"This place needed this", Nami thought to herself, vividly remembering what it was like to have a ruler who did not care for the people they looked after. "But, they are safe now, Luffy made sure of that." And there it was again. Luffy. Luffy saved them. Without him, she didn't think they would have succeeded in beating the Beast Pirates, as Luffy was the only one to defeat Kaido. Sure, Zoro had told the crew about the new cut he had left Kaido before Law got him out of there, and Luffy said Law and Kid did quite the number of damage themselves. But, he was still said to be dead, even after all of that.

"You're having a good time, right Big Sis?" Otama said from Nami's left side. Nami looked down, seeing Otama looking at Nami with some slight concern on her face. "If you aren't having a good time, you can just tell me and I'll understand, that way we can do something you want!" The last thing Nami wanted was to make Otama feel bad, so she lowered herself to Otama's level in order to look at her easier.