Chapter 6

After Luffy and Nami were once again alone, she took his hand in hers and looked at him while they both sat on her bed. While he insisted that he was missing breakfast, only stopping his complaining and moving all his attention to her after she tightened the hold on his hand. 

It wasn't like Nami didn't like that Luffy had told her all that he did, she was taken off guard by it sure, but was overjoyed. What she didn't like was the idea of the rest of the crew finding out by either Robin giving subtle hints to Zoro or Jinbe, or Luffy boasting about it to Usopp and Chopper.

"Luffy, what happened this morning can't be talked about amongst the crew. I want this to be our little secret. Do you understand?" Nami hoped he would understand right away, but this was Luffy, she mentally reminded herself. 

"But Robin already knows so what kind of secret is that?" Luffy asked innocently, tilting his head to the side in confusion. Nami proceeded to show a fake smile towards him, trying to portray an emotion that wasn't "killing their archaeologist" given. 

"Yes but I don't think Robin will tell anyone Luffy, not directly anyways...so can you promise me you won't say anything?" Luffy nodded his head, before getting up from her bed and making his way towards the door. He had nearly opened it when Nami hugged him from behind, causing him to drop his attention from eating food to her for the second time. She'd have to use this on Luffy more often. 

"Say it Luffy...promise me please." Nami said softly into his back. Luffy relaxed his body, which was previously tense to the sudden hug, shifted himself so that he was turned towards her and hugged her close. 

"I promise, Nami" he said, matching the voice she had used only a few moments ago, before releasing her from his arms and smiling towards her. He then went on his way, sprinting out of the door, waving as he left. Nami waved back towards him, a slight shade of red across her face from how sweet he had been. 

 Nami proceeded to get dressed for another day on the Sunny, knowing well enough that Robin would be waiting for her after breakfast to discuss their stories with one another. She just hoped breakfast could go by without teasing. 

________________________________________________________________________________

"I'm not surprised Luffy would say such a thing" Robin said, while reading a book on the deck of the Thousand Sunny. Nami laid next to her on her own chair, sunglasses on, getting a tan. 

"I could say the same thing about Zoro, I never knew he had those types of feelings in his system!" They had both explained what had happened the last few nights prior, Nami about her situation with Luffy during the party at Wano, departing and then searching for him on the ship, only to spend the night with him in her arms. Robin told her story to Nami after, explaining the challenge she issued Zoro, the kiss on his part and the day after in the crows nest. 

"Even after telling me everything Zoro said and did, he certainly didn't seem to change much towards the rest of the crew." While Nami had noticed Zoro on the ship at breakfast, he didn't look much different than his every day self. But that was Zoro for you, always serious. 

"He's good at keeping his seriousness around the crew and much like you and Luffy, we don't want the rest of the crew knowing yet." With this Nami smiled, glad to know that she had blackmail now on Robin in case she were ever to try anything. She then sat up and went for her orange juice, which Sanji had made for her and Robin earlier in the day. 

"So, how does the future pirate king's lips taste?" Robin asked aloud, causing Nami to nearly choke on her beverage before looking at Robin, extremely flustered. While they had kissed earlier that morning, it had felt...odd. She initiated the kiss, hoping to get it through his head that she liked him, but she felt...resistance for some reason. While Luffy was on her mind, she quickly did a scan of the ship to see if he had seen her make a fool of herself.