The Game Has Started

Why was it hard to breathe? It felt like there was something suffocating me. I sat up and socks rolled onto my stomach. I looked at my cat. This fur ball had the wicked habit of sleeping on my face. He was warm, but otherwise than that he kept obstructing my breathing.

I hadn't realized I had fallen back asleep. Sans had to soothe you while you cried yourself to slumber. You don't even remember what you were crying about in the first place. You did notice pne thing though, you felt very out of sorts. It felt like something was out of place and it bothered you in a strange way. I got out of bed and put socks on my pillow. I went downstairs to find no one was home. I stretched and yawned. I got ready for the day, and ate the breakfast Papyrus left for me in the fridge. I didn't usually wake up this late, usually I got up in time to eat breakfast with Papyrus.

I wanted to walk around today, but I didn't want to leave socks unattended so I waited until he was home. Papyrus soon came through the doors.

"Hi Pappy" I smiled

"DID YOU SLEEP WELL?" He asked

"Kind of" I shrugged "I'm gonna go outside" I told him.

"ALRIGHT, DONT STAY OUT TOO LONG"

I left through the door, putting on my coat and scarf that I got from sans and Papyrus for Christmas. A red coat and a blue scarf. I walked through the snow walking towards where sans sentry Station would be. I wanted to sneak up on him and see how good my skills have gotten. Getting closer, I broke into a jog halfway there. I saw the small little booth but when I got there he wasn't standing behind it as he usually did. Not even sleeping underneath it. I looked around...where else would he be?

I leaned against the wooden table, disappointed that he wasn't there. I then look over to a familiar path. I've passed through here before haven't I? I decided to venture down. It's been a while after all. I walked passed the bridge and saw huge purple doors. But my eyes then drifted from them to the person that stood in front of it. I tilted my head.

"Is that a human?" I asked myself. I got closer and sure enough. It was a child just like me, but a few years older. I ran up to them and we both looked at one another. It had been so long since I've interacted with another person that I felt shy. We both stared at one another, neither on saying anything. I finally dug up the courage to speak.

"Hi?" I greeted them.

They stared at me a bit too long for comfort, then they suddenly started walked towards me. They stopped in front of me, confusion washed over their face, then it changed.

"Your human" they said more to themselves than me.

"Did you just fall down here?" I asked them and they smiled slightly.

"Yes, how old are you?" They asked

"I'm seven" I smiled "um I'm y/n...what's your name?" I asked. It felt strange to be talking to someone other than a monster, but it was also exciting.

"I'm frisk" they smiled and my eyes lit up. "How old are you?" I asked

"Twelve" I smiled "umm, would you like to play with me- I mean I can show you around and stuff" I spoke nervously.

"Hmm" they thought about it "sure. That's sounds like fun" I grinned and took their hands in mines leading them over the bridge.

"Follow me, Frisk I'll show you to town" I led them happy to see another human child.

On our way to town, I took a few detours to spend more time with Frisk. I took them over to skate across to the other side. And showed them my snowmen of different shapes and sizes.