Tally the Scores

Papyrus sat at home with me, and sans was no where to be found. He hadn't come home since Frisk started attacking people. It's been 3 days now.

"Papyrus, when is sans coming back?" I asked him. I sat huddled in his arms.

"DONT WORRY HE'LL BE BACK SOON, HE JUST WENT TO TAKE CARE OF SOME STUFF" Papyrus spoke. He tried to comfort me but I can tell he was worried as well. I'm sure he wanted to go out and see what was happening, or perhaps do sonething...but he was stuck with me. I was holding him back.

"...okay" I held socks closely to me in comfort. I'm sure even socks could sense how tense I was. When it was usually lively outside it was now quiet. It was a little scary. Frisk was only a kid, would it be so hard to catch a child? You wondered. You wondered if they were gonna be put in jail after everything.

"HOW ABOUT SOME SPAGHETTI?" Papyrus got up to cook. I watched as he walked into the kitchen and I looked back out the window, looking for any sign of sans coming back. But I knew that he wouldn't.

I turned on the TV. Papyrus wanted to keep it off, to keep our minds off of everything that was going on, but I needed to know. What about Monster Kid, was he alright? Would he be alright?

On the TV showed Frisk, they were wearing a helmet of some kind. I sat up in surprise. They were fighting a robot, then I recognized the voice. Hold on, was that Mettaton? On the TV they engaged in battle. It went on for some time and as I watched I was stunned, unable to tear my eyes away.

There were explosions and projectiles being thrown at Frisk but they dodged everything. How? I couldn't help but wonder. I was confident in my dodging but not to the degree that they moved. With every attack Mettaon threw at Frisk and missed. Frisk would come in for an attack dismembering one of his mechanical arms. I was rooting for Mettaton, I always found him to be very pompous and annoying on TV, but I didn't want him to lose. He was fighting really hard and giving it his all. He was cool, he was fabulous.

However, even if Mettaton managed to get a hit on Frisk they always came out with no injury. Your hope was faltering with each arm and leg Mettaton lost.

GASP

You turned to see Papyrus behind you Watchung the TV with shock.

"I-ISNT THAT..." papyrus paused

"Pappy, what's wrong?" I was concerned to see him so startled, he looked so sad.

"Pappy?" I asked again when he didn't respond.

Papyrus swallowed and looked at me forcing a smile.

"ITS NOTHING , I THINK YOU SHOULD TURN OFF THE TV NOW" he said

"But Frisk is fighting Mettaton, look he's " I pointed to the TV showing Papyrus an earnest battle but what I saw was Mettaton with both arms, no legs laid across the stage.

"Y/N TURN IT OFF" Papyrus said again

"Mettaton no, Papyrus- " I spoke sadly

"TURN IT OFF" Papyrus said again

"But-" I looked at Papyrus with pleading eyes

"TURN IT OFF!" He yelled and I fumbled with the remote running off the TV.

We both had a moment of silence. I looked at him uneasy and stunned. Papyrus covered his mouth surprisng himself with his own outburst. He looked over at you feeling guilty. He saw the look you gave him and it made him feel even more bad.

"IM SORRY FOR YELLING LIKE THAT Y/N I DIDNT MEAN TO" he began to apologize

"It's okay Papy, I know you didn't mean it...I just wanted to know that's all" you spoke softly face downcast.