STEPS

Its been a 3 weeks since sans managed to get you to behave and you were making good progress. You still had your little ups and downs but everything was going great.

"CRASH!!"

"Ehhhh!!"

Except for right now you were currently in one of your tantrums. You were running away from Papyrus, sans was currently out at the moment so he wasn't there to see you act out.

"COME BACK HERE Y/N!" papyrus yelled chasing behind you.

You dodged papyrus as he dove in and he crashed into one of the smaller tables breaking one of the vases. You turned around and stuck your tongue at him and ran off into the bathroom locking the door. Papyrus stayed on the floor tired from chasing you around.

"WHO KNEW TAKING CARE OF A SMALLER HUMAN COULD BE SO MUCH WORK!" he exclaimed in exhaustion

If you are wondering why papyrus was trying to catch you, it was because he was trying to give you a bath since you weren't doing a good job. It was actually questionable if you were actually bathing. After 2 minutes you came out in new clothes. It was a long sleeved red and blue dress. you walked past papyrus and went on the couch sitting down looking at the tv.

Papyrus got up and went to clean the mess, suddenly sans walked in alerting both you and papyrus.

"SANS YOUR BACK" He seemed a little too happy, as if sans was his savior.

"Yep, did ya behave while I was gone kid" sans said ruffling your hair, you flinched at his touch still not used to the gestures but then relaxed and nodded your head.

Papyrus gave you a look which you ignored and looked back at him with puppy eyes so he wouldn't tattle on you. Papyrus melted at your look and gave in.

"I ASSURE YOU SHE WAS WELL BEHAVED!" papyrus said

Sans chuckled not noticing the broken vase that papyrus was hiding. Sans sat on the couch next to you watching the tv in silence until he decided to break it.

"You've been couped up in here for awhile you want to go out and take a walk?" sans asked you

You thought about it not sure then nodded your head. Sans got off the couch while you went and slipped on your little boots. Sans opened the door for you to go out and closed it behind him walking ahead of you, you walked behind him quietly. You noticed other monsters looking at you in awe some not paying attention to you. You felt a little uncomfortable and scared so you walked closer behind sans.

You had trouble walking in the snow making you move slower and get caught occasionally, you noticed sans was getting rather ahead of you , this reminded you of when your mother left you in the crowds in the mall. You had cried trying to find her until one of the mall officers took you with them and called her only to find out she was home.

You started running through the snow reaching your hand out only to trip and fall over a rock. You fell face flat onto the snow and lifted your head up only to notice sans gone, you stood up looking around for him.

"Ah!" You called out, looking for any hint of him. "Eeehh!!!" you whined in your own way of calling him

"Saa!!" you closed your mouth quickly biting your lips your were scared to talk but you were also scared of being abandoned.

"Saa...ns" You mouthed

"Sa..ns" You said with more volume this time trying to pronounce the words

"Sans!" you say louder this time and waited but nothing

You started to form tears getting ready to cry then stopped when you heard footsteps coming toward you. You saw sans standing there with a worried expression on his face.

"....kid you had me worried , I thought I lost you for awhile there" he said letting out a breath

"This time try sticking close okay" he said taking your hands in his so you wouldn't get lost again.

This had shocked you but you enjoyed the odd warmth that came from his hands. If someone saw the two of you they would be stunned by the cuteness.

The two of you finally reached an area that had two snowmen, well , one that looked like papyrus and the other that had sans name written in ketchup.

Sans let go of your hands and you walked around observing the odd snowmen. You sat in the snow playing in it, first making snow angles. Sans stood off on the side watching you play, he then noticed you making something.

"Watcha making there kid?" he asked you

You held out your hands showing what looked to be snow bunnies

"Heh that's pretty good kid" sans complimented and you looked away from him bashful.

After awhile of playing sans decided it was time to go.

"Lets go kid, you can't stay out here too long or you'll get sick."

You pouted and got off the snowy ground. You walked up to sans and he turned around to lead the way but you grabbed his hand surprising him a bit.

"Heh" sans grinned wrapping his hands around yours instead of walking the way he teleported the two of you to the house.

Papyrus walked out from the kitchen. "SANS WHERE HAVE YOU AND Y/N BEEN THE FOOD WAS STARTING TO GET COLD"

"Snowhere special" sans smiled

Papyrus was blank for a moment then blew up. "SANS!"

"Whoa chill out bro"

"MFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!" Papyrus seethed

"I'm not frostrating you am I" sans joked

"AGH-" Papyrus was about to jump sans.

"Teheheheh" papyrus and sans paused hearing the sounds of your giggles.

They hadn't heard you laugh so genuinely before that it was surprising to them. Your giggles were adorable and heartwarming, it was enough to make the two smile brightly.

After that all of you went into the kitchen enjoying a nice lunch without vegetables.

"OH SANS IVE BEEN MEANING TO ASK , BUT WHERE DID YOU GO EARLIER?"

"hm?, oh to enroll y/n in school, I also got them a bag while I was out"

Hearing that you froze from eating.

"I wasn't sure at first but hearing the kid speak today I think it'll be good for them"

"OH GOODIE, YOU HEAR THAT Y/N YOUR GOING TO SCHOOL WHERE YOU CAN MAKE FRIENDS" Papyrus was excited for you, but you were not. You stopped eating, you had suddenly lost your appetite a frown now rested firmly on your face.

"ARE YOU FULL?"

you nodded your head yes and got out your seat going to the couch to lay down. Sans watched as you left and looked at your plate you had hardly started to eat. He knew something was up. You watched the TV not happy about the news of going to school, you made sure you would do anything to not go to the building of hell.