Cold

The giant doors slammed behind you and you jumped in fright at the loud noise. You looked behind you one last time and took a couple steps hugging yourself for warmth as you shivered. You can feel your feet getting numb as the cold snow chilled it, your legs wobbled as you trotted through the snow. Each step sent sharp coldness through you, you were scared, cold , tired, and in pain. But a rush of determination pushed you forward not allowing you to give up and die right there.

You came across a huge branch, it was slightly bigger than you so you had to climb over it only falling into the snow in the process. You hopped up to hastily from the cold and whined from the injuries. You kept walking feeling like your legs were about to give up.

SNAP!!

You looked back quickly seeing the huge branch broken in half. Your eyers rounded, you were even more scared now and started to quicken your pace only looking back a few times at the sound of footsteps behind you. Your anxiety rose as you walked, absolutely  terrified beyond belief, you turned around completely to find nothing there.

"Ehh!" you grew panicked. You tried walking faster and you swore you saw something in the trees, tears trickled your eyes again. You stopped when you reached a bridge. The feeling that someone or something was behind you made you tense up.

"Human...." it spoke and you flinched shaking more from fear than the cold.

"DONT you know how to greet a new friend turn around and shake my hand" its voice was deep and smooth, you couldn't admire it for right now you found it terrifying.

You slowly turned around and stuck out your hand.

-PFFFFFFRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTttttttttttttttth.......

The sounds of flatulence broke the silence. 

"Heh, heh the ol-" he began to speak but stopped as you begun to cry,

"Ehh!!" you winced as tears came down your face and hiccups came out of you. The stress of everything had finally caught up to you.

"Whoa jeeze kid , I didn't think a whoopie cushion would make you cry" he laughed nervously, but your cries didn't lessen. Instead it seemed to increase. You continued crying trying to wipe the tears that continued to come down and you sat yourself in the snow hiccupping. When you looked up, you had come to realize it was skeleton dressed in a lazy fashion.

"Hey, come on kid stop with the tears- look, I'm sorry okay here let me-" He reached for you. You wiped your tears and moved away from him quickly wincing with every movement, you were scared and he could see it. The skeleton studied you and he let out a sigh and plopped himself on the snow along with you. You sat there looking at him warily ready to bolt whenever it be necessary.

"Alright kid, I got time on my hands how about we take this slow, my name's sans, sans the skeleton, Its ice to meet you" he smiles

You stay silent  as you registered his joke, it piqued your interest a bit. Your lips twitched but a smile did not form, your big doe eyes were focused on him carefully watching him in case he tried something shifty.

"This would be where you introduce yourself but I guess that's okay, we can chill  here I need a break since I've gotten a ton of work done....a skele-ton" sans winked.

There was a glint in your eyes. You seemed more calm now, but you still had your guard up.

"Wow tough crowd, if I had a heart I'd say you were breaking mines" your lips began to turn up into a small yet timid smile.

"Oh? am I finally getting through to ya kid? I was hoping I'd get to tickle your funny bone" sans grinned

"He-he" you let out a little giggle

"I was starting to think you didn't find me humerus, tibia honest I was getting a little bonely without any feedback" he shrugged looking for you reaction, and he got it. You started to giggle a little and sans smile brightened. You were a little more comfortable around the punny skeleton, he actually reminded you of someone who was once close to you.

"Now are you ready to get out of the snow? I might not have any skin but you've gotta be chilled to the bone" he stood up and dusted the snow off of his shorts. You giggled a little and nodded your head standing up along with sans, You began to shake​ as your teeth started to chatter.

"Whoa kid, here, don't want ya turning into a popsicle" sans said as he took off his jacket and wrapped it over you. You immediately felt warm , the jacket was pretty much huge to you almost half of it was on the ground. You stopped shaking as warmth seeped through every part of you and sleepiness washed over you, you still didn't trust the skeleton in front of you and tried to fight the sleep but you found your eyes closing on you.

"You okay there buddy your looking a bit- Hey!" you fell flat on your face the jacket covering your whole body.

Sans crouched down  and lifted the hood of his jacket. he could see you were fast asleep, he almost found it impressive.

"Geez, the kid must of been really tired" he sighed "they looked like they've been through a lot. " sans looked over towards the bridge then picked you up, but you seemed to whimper as he did that making him question it. He felt as you snuggled into him, slightly surprising him as you let out a soft sigh. Sans crossed the bridge just in time to see his brother coming.

"SANS!!"

"Hey bro" sans said casually

"YOU- WHAT IS THAT?" he gestured to lump sans was holding within his jacket.

"Oh this?" he said looking at your sleeping form.

"WHATEVER, I DONT WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE HIDDEN UNDER YOUR JACKET" "- PROBABLY JUST ANOTHER PILE OF KETCHUP" he muttered

"You sure? I think it would interest you." sans hinted with a grin.

"SANS I DONT HAVE TIME TO FIND OUT IF YOU ARE SMUGGLING MORE KETCHUP, JUST RECALIBRATE YOUR PUZZLES" he sighs not taking any of his brothers bait.

"Come on bro you shouldn't work yourself....down to the bone" sans snickered

"SSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAANSSSSS!" came the irritated yell of his brother. Suddenly there were little fits of coughing from under the jacket interrupting the two.

"WAIT -THATS NOT KETCHUP, KETCHUP DOSENT COUGH, WHAT IS UNDER YOUR JACKET?" his eyes narrowed staring at sans with suspicion.

"You'll find out when you get home, if you can...." 

"SANS DONT!!" he warned

"Sorry bro ....didn't mean to rattle your bones!"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

........