2. A Bad Feeling

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Dream ran for hours. No direction in mind, and no clue where he was running.

When he finally stopped, he realized where he was. The middle of the woods, the uncharted territory of the Smp.

"Damn it..." He said, looking around.

With a sigh, he leaned against a tree, slowly sinking down and burying his head in his hands.

It was silent for a while. The only sound being the insects and faint bird calls (I get that it's Minecraft, but shhhhhh) .

So, he nearly jumped out of his skin when a voice rang out.

"Daydream?"

"XD!"

.....

Foolish was known for many things. His strength, his wisdom, building skills, totem powers, and much more.

However, many didn't know how much he could worry.

He had been working on another monument when he suddenly froze and began to shake badly. As if someone had just taken him out from the desert and dropped him into the Arctic.

"What the hell.." he mumbled to himself, staring down at his quivering hands.

"Foolish! You okay?" Someone called, snapping him out of his daze.

"Oh! Hey George, hey Sap!" He called back, "What's going on?"

"Has Dream come here?" Sapnap asked worriedly, making the bad feeling Foolish had double.

"No...is something wrong?" Foolish asked, feeling dread creeping over him.

"Something's wrong with Dream."

......

"XD!" Dream cried, "I'm so happy to see you!" He was about to rush to hug his older brother, before stopping himself.

"What's wrong, Daydream?" XD asked, head tilted slightly to the side, indicating his confusion hidden under his mask.

"I'm...I'm dangerous.." he said.

XD stared for a second before he burst out laughing, the sound thundering in the woods around.

"I'm serious!"

"Dream, my gloves are stronger than maxed out netherite forged with totem gold." XD said after he stopped laughing, "You couldn't hurt me if you tried."

"I know! I know! But..." Dream trailed off.

"What's wrong?"

Dream was silent for a second, before the dam seemed to burst and tears sprung to life in his eyes.

"XD! I don't know what's happening!" Dream cried fearfully, eyes blown wide and face pale with pure terror, "I keep hearing things and then it's like I fall asleep and suddenly I've done something horrible!"

It was silent for a moment, XD stared at Dream for a while, making him more on edge. Was there something really wrong with him!?

"It's alright, Daydream." XD said, and with a wave of his hand, Dream fell unconscious. XD caught him, holding his brother close.

"I made it that way for a reason."

With a blink of an eye, XD went through Dream's code, extracting it and leaving something else there.

"It seems those humans failed the first test. Now they'll have to suffer the consequences."

......

"What!?" Foolish gasped, he was stunned after George and Sapnap had explained everything.

"That's impossible!! Dream's the admin, nothing is strong enough to do that to him!" Foolish said, noting how the two glanced at one another.

"We thought he might've been taking jokes too far...but then he just broke down completely in front of us. We knew he wasn't kidding. Dream never cries in front of anyone unless it's something serious." Sapnap explained.

"I know...it's just..." Foolish glanced at the desert around, eyes landing on one of the statues, "There's only one person more powerful than him on his own server. But he wouldn't have done this!"

"Then what's causing all this?" Sapnap asked, although it was more of a demand.

"I don't know! I just have a bad feeling, okay!?" Foolish snapped, "But I will find out who's done this to Dream!"

George and Sapnap glanced at each other before nodding, "We'll help you."

"You two see if you can find Dream, I'll see what I can find to help him." Foolish ordered, watching the two nod and leave.

He glanced up at the giant statue, sighing.

XD, please tell me this wasn't you...

........

Sapnap and George had been searching for a while, when they suddenly saw a flash of neon green.

"Dream!" They called, running towards him.

"Dude! Don't do that ever again! You had us worried sick!" Sapnap huffed, hugging Dream along with George.

"Sorry, sorry. I found someone who helped me though!" Dream said happily, getting the two's attention.

"Who!?"

"DreamXD. He said it was just a code glitch and fixed it for me." Dream explained.

"Okay...but why are you wearing your masks again?" George asked, "I know you're still king of nervous but it's been a while since you last wore it."

"Yeah, I know...he said there might be a hacker on the server so I don't want anyone else knowing what I look like, y'know?" Dream explained, but it didn't seem right somehow.

"Yeah that makes sense.." Sapnap said, having a feeling of unease.

"ANYway, let's do something." Dream said, walking towards the Smp, with the two quickly following.

"Y'know what I just thought about." Dream said.

"What?"

"What if the roleplay was real, and I really was a monster....would you guys still betray me...?" Dream asked suddenly, his voice sounding sad and a little fearful.

"Of course not. Besides, it's just roleplay, it's not like it'll ever happen." George said, looking at him strangely.

"Yeah...I know."

.......

It was dark and cold.

Dream opened his eyes slowly, seeing the bright green stars around.

Where was he?

"Hello!?" He called, getting nothing in response.

"Daydream."

His eyes widened, and he turned to see XD near him, floating in the void as well.

"XD! What happened? How are we in the void?" Dream asked, face full of worry, "Did someone kill us!?"

"No, no. None of that. It's just...you're too dangerous to be around anyone at the moment."

"What!?" Dream exclaimed, "You said it was alright! You can fix this!"

"No Dream...there's nothing wrong with you." XD said, stunning Dream.

"What...?"

"It's just you. Everyone says you've become a monster."

"No! That can't be true! They wouldn't say that!" Dream yelled, "Stop lying to me and let me outta here!"

XD sighed, "I tried to do this the nice way, but I guess I can't."

"What are you talking about!?"

"You're going to stay here until you realize not to be around those useless humans."

With that, he disappeared.

Leaving Dream all alone.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)