8. A Monster

:) :) :) :) :) :)

The group reached the mainland and stared in horror at what they saw. In fact, the only way they could tell they reached it was by the coordinates.

The entire place was destroyed. The community house was in shambles, gaping craters that were obviously caused by TNT were everywhere.

Smoke burned from different fires and smoldering wreckage. Blood coated some parts of the ground, and armor and weapons could be seen in some bloody patches.

"Oh no.." Foolish whispered under his breath in horror.

They walked through the smoldering wreckage, looking for people.

When they finally found them, it was not a pretty sight. Many were bloody, or in various stages of injuries. Worst of all though, was 'Dream'. He was beaten and bloody, held up only by Sam's hand in his hair, and the axe against his neck. He had an insane, sinister smile.

"THROW HIM IN THE VAULT!" Sapnap yelled, his eyes bloodshot with anger, "HE'S A MONSTER!"

Foolish ran towards them, "EVERYONE! STOP!"

It fell eerily silent. The rest of the group hurried after Foolish.

"THIS ISN'T DREAM!" He yelled, "IT HASN'T BEEN THIS ENTIRE TIME! THE REAL DREAM HAS BEEN CAPTURED BY XD!"

They all stared at him, some seeming confused yet believing, others angry and doubtful.

"He's manipulating you, Foolish." Puffy said, making Foolish angry.

"MANIPULATING!? SINCE WHEN HAS DREAM EVER MANIPULATED ANYONE!? YOU'RE CONFUSING HIS CHARACTER WITH THE REALM HIM! DREAM WOULD NEVER DO THIS! THIS IS A FAKE XD SENT SO HE COULD KEEP THE REAL DREAM!" Foolish yelled, thunder booming with his anger, "ASK WILBUR! NONE OF YOU NOTICED HE WAS MISSING WHEN HE GOT CAPTURED TOO!"

A rumble went through the crowd, worry and confusion coursing through.

"I went to XD because I knew that," He gestured to 'Dream', "wasn't Dream. He captured me and brought me to the real Dream. He's holding him in the End! If we don't go get him, he'll be completely gone. XD is manipulating him! He already thinks you guys don't care or forgot him so easily! Seems like he was right!"

Guilty looks went around the crowd, before Sam stepped forward.

"THIS is exactly what we've been talking about! DREAM'S A MONSTER! A MANIPULATOR! ARE YOU REALLY GONNA-"

SMACK

Sam was cut off by Tommy stopped forward and smacking him hard in the face. Everyone stared in shock.

"LISTEN TO YOURSELF, FUCKER! YOU'RE GOING CRAZY! YOU'RE MIXING UP A STORY WITH REALITY! LOCK HIM IN THE VAULT IF YOU WANT, BUT THAT'S JUST WHAT XD WANTS!" Tommy yelled, then turned to the crowd, "If any of you ACTUALLY fucking care about Dream, you'll help us! If not, we'll go by ourselves!"

It was silent. The only sound being 'Dream's' heavy wheezing and the fire crackling in the distance.

Until, laughter.

They whipped around, seeing the fraud laughing hysterically, "I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! YOU ALL ACTUALLY FUCKING FELL FOR IT!"

He was laughing maniacally, and looked that way too with the blood pouring down his face as he laughed.

"DREAM SAW THIS ALL HAPPEN! XD SHOWED HIM! HE'S FEELING SI BETRAYAL! IT'S AMAZING!" He cackled, "IT WORKED! IT ACTUALLY FUCKING WORKED!"

Sam didn't hesitate, he swung his ask and slashed it into his neck. The laughter mixed with a gurgling sound as the imposter choked on his blood. He fell back, staring up at the sky, a smile still on his face.

"He'll never forget this.."

He fell still, before fading into the white dust that came with every death.

Everyone stared in horror.

"Oh no..." Foolish whispered, his eyes wide with worry and fear.

"What!?" Wilbur asked frantically, looking at the anguish in Foolish's eyes.

"His connection to everyone...it just got so much weaker.." he shut his eyes tightly, "He's in so much pain...and.....XD is comforting him..."

"We don't have time for this bullshit!" Tubbo yelled, turning to the guilty Smp members, "You're either with us or not! Meet us at the community house if you are and with supplies! If not, get fucking lost!"

......

Dream watched horrified as they captured what they thought was him, and attack.

His face was pale, and he watched Sapnap yell to lock him in the prison, watched them all attack who they thought was him.

"It's okay, Daydream." XD began, only to be cut off.

"NO IT'S NOT!! YOU PUT A FAKE ME THERE AND THEY....they....they couldn't even tell it was me...they hate me.." Dream began to sob, burying his face in his hands.

XD hugged him, gently brushing his hair back in a calming way.

"It's alright, Daydream. Even if they hate you, I never could. Humans are cruel creatures and unpredictable...this is what I was trying to protect you from." xD said soothingly.

Dream looked up at him, tears running down his face, "Really...?"

XD nodded, putting on a sympathetic look, "I've seen it before...it happened to me once."

"I'm sorry.." Dream sniffled, burying his face in his brother's robe, being hugged tighter.

"It's okay. You didn't know...but now you do."

Dream continued to sob, anguish and sorrow filling each one. XD would admit, he felt bad, especially considering how much Dream cared for the humans, and how much they cared for him.

But it didn't matter. The end goal was much more important.

"Things will be different from now on. I promise." XD said, continuing to hug him and brush a hand through Dream's hair.

Dream nodded slightly, and XD felt his heart soar and a big green spread across his face.

He'd done it. He'd finally done it.

He had Dream.

And he was never going to let him go.

:) :) :) :) :) :)