13. A Protector's Control

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Foolish and Dream walked through the castle, talking idly and about random things. They were worried XD would come back and catch them escaping.

Finally, after hours, Foolish turned to Dream and nodded.

Dream crept down the hallways, finally reaching the back of the castle. Several Endermen were in the room with the mine, waiting for him.

"Let's go." Dream whispered, breaking the block and having the Endermen go first. He jumped in, followed by Foolish, who dragged the carpet over it and placed the block back in place.

They all walked in silence, moving carefully. After all, one trip up would give any of them a one way ticket to falling out of the world.

They finally reached the end of the path, and climbed the steps that had been put there by Wilbur and Sapnap.

They stepped out into open air, everyone was being as quiet as possible. Dream nodded to the Endermen, and they jumped into the portal. They were finally free from XD.

Foolish took Dream's hand, and they stepped onto the edge of the bedrock. They jumped, feeling the strange swirling feeling of the portal circle around them.

Dream yelped as he fell, landing hard onto stone. His eyes widened when he realized.

Endstone

"OH NO! OH FUCK!" Wilbur yelled, looking around.

"How!?" Sapnap yelled, face ashen, "How did XD get us back here!?"

Foolish turned to Dream, grabbing his arms and looking at him.

"Listen to me, Dream. You are the admin. This world is your's. Whatever lies XD has told you aren't true. He gets his power from you. This is yours! All of it is! He can't control it!" Foolish said determinedly, "All you have to do, is see that. Claim the world's power as your own."

Dream stared back, before he stepped away from Foolish.

"XD!" Dream yelled, his voice thundering throughout the End, the ground shook from it,"THIS IS MY WORLD. I'LL GIVE YOU ONE CHANCE TO LEAVE ON YOUR OWN!"

XD appeared in front of them, staring at Dream. His face was blank, unimpressed even.

"Are you done with your tantrum?" XD asked, and that did it.

Dream's eyes flared bright green, and a green glow appeared in his hand.

"SHUT. UP!"

There was a bright flash, before a loud boom.

The group was thrown back, hitting the Endstone with a hard thud.

"Dream!"

Dream stood, unscathed. He had tears running down his face, but looked stoic and serious.

XD was laying on the ground, bits of dust rising from his still form. Dream held a hand out, and with another book and flash, XD was gone.

The only sign he had ever been there was his mask, and a golden necklace with an eye of ender locket.

"Let's get out of here." Dream said, turning to the others.

"Oh, Daydream, Daydream, Daydream. Don't you know?"

Everyone looked around frantically, grouping together and searching for the owner of the voice echoing throughout the End.

XD appeared in front of them, a dark grin on his face and his eyes glowing brightly.

"Nothing can overcome a Protector's Control."

.

.

.

.

.

.

"I did this for your own good."

XD looked down at Dream. He had shackles around his wrists and ankles, which were connected to chains in the walls.

"Say something." XD said, borderline begging, "You haven't spoken since you've gotten here. It's been a week, Daydream. You can't stay silent forever."

Dream looked up at him, it was the first time he even reacted to XD entering the room.

"I hate you." Dream said, his voice slightly cracked and weak from dis-use.

XD didn't say anything, instead he turned and left, going down the dungeon's hallway to another cell.

He opened the door, getting glares from two people. He ignored them, instead going to the large door at the end of the room and fazing through it.

Foolish looked up at him, teeth grit in what was practically a snarl. He was chained similar to Dream, except in a way he couldn't move as easily. He couldn't walk around, just stand and sit.

"What do you want?" Foolish nearly growled, his eyes still glowing despite being trapped for so long. XD had made it so he couldn't use his power in that room. If he escaped....XD didn't even want to think about what could happen.

"Daydream won't speak or do anything." XD said, seeing worry and fear flash through Foolish's eyes, "If you stop acting this way, I'll bring him here."

"Why!?"

"I want him to act right, and not act like he's a prisoner. I'm protecting him!" XD said, seeing Foolish roll his eyes.

"I don't believe you. You're just saying that so we stop resisting."

Now it was XD's turn to roll his eyes, "Fine. Believe what you want. No one is leaving either way."

With that, XD left the room, slamming the door shut behind him.

"Guys? Did you hear what XD said?" Foolish asked, he could steal hear and talk to Sapnap and Wilbur.

"Yeah...maybe...maybe we should try it.." Sapnap said.

"What!?"

"No, listen! If Dream sees us getting hurt... it'll make him angry and wanna fight back, I know Dream! That selfless idiot puts everyone first." Sapnap explained, and Wilbur and Foolish fell silent, considering it.

"Yeah...that makes sense. Okay...I'll give it a shot." Foolish said, "After all, what do I have to lose?"

XD smiled to himself, happy that his plan was working. Once Dream saw Foolish, he'd listen. Especially after XD told him what would happen if he didn't.

Those fools were right about one thing, Dream was too selfless.

So XD was going to use that to his advantage.

:) :) :) :) :) :)