15. Time

:) :) :) :) :) :)

"They need time. They're not gonna be the people you expect them to be immediately."

That was one of the main things both Bad and Phil had repeatedly told everyone. They had gone through something traumatic, and by someone important to them too.

Dream remembered what they had said now, as he looked down at the End Portal frame. All the eyes filled it, but it wasn't lit. Impossible to get in.

This hadn't been anyone's idea. He had just idly gone to the syndicate room and broken the inner part of the table to see it.

To be sure

He had stood staring at it for so long, that Techno eventually came down and found him. He didn't say anything, instead just looked at it with him. After a bit, he had taken Dream's hand and squeezed it comfortingly.

It had helped.

It was strange to say, but seeing something so simple made Dream feel much safer.

Dream feeling safer wasn't the only main change.

"Looks good, doesn't it?" Phil asked, snapping Dream out of his thoughts. Dream smiled at the sight of the Smp. It looked so much nicer. No mare craters or destroyed areas.

They were done with their storyline, instead, they all just wanted to live peacefully with one another.

"It does. Reminds me of when it first began." Dream said wistfully, sighing quietly.

Phil glanced at Dream worriedly, "You okay?"

"Not really...I just...." Dream trailed off, unsure how to word it.

It was silent for a little, before he spoke again.

"I miss XD...It's difficult not having him here. I keep getting excited about telling him stuff, but then I remember what he did...and I don't want to remember." Dream explained, his eyes beginning to fill with unshed tears.

Phil nodded, "It's alright to miss him. You can't just forget your history with him..but you can't forget what he did either."

"I know! It just makes me so mad that I can't forget it!"

Phil hugged Dream, "It'll be okay. We're all here to help you. It'll take time, but I'm sure we can help you heal from this."

Time.

Dream nodded, all he needed was time.

.......

Foolish leaned against the familiar sandstone wall, wiping the sweat off his face. It took all day, but he had done it.

The XD statue was gone.

He tossed all the blocks from it in a pile, before igniting it with flint and steel.

Foolish watched with a glare as the blocks went up in flames. "Serves you right."

He touched a hand to his face, realizing.

"Oh.. I'm crying..." He said dimly, before falling to his knees and covering his face with his hands. Sobbing.

"FUCK! FUCK! FUCK YOU! I HATE YOU? FUCK!" Foolish sobbed, nearly yelling, getting louder with each word.

A hand fell on his shoulder, and he looked up. Dream looked down at him sadly, kneeling beside him and hugging him.

"I miss him too..."

The two broke down then, sobbing and holding one another closely.

"Why did it have to be him!?"

......

"Why?"

Dream covered his ears, shaking his head frantically, "You're not real! Not real! Not real!"

He knew he was having a nightmare, but he couldn't wake up. XD was in front of him, dying. He kept repeating the same word.

"Why?"

"SHUT UP!" Dream yelled, turning and trying to run, but feeling as if he was moving through water. Each step weighted and difficult to fight against the non-existent current.

A hand suddenly grabbed his ankle, yanking him to the ground with a painful thud. Dream flipped over, eyes fearful and breath panicked as XD stood above him.

"You killed me. Your brother."

"YOU'RE NOT MY BROTHER!"

XD smiled, "Of course I am! I always have been, always will be."

He leaned down to Dream, grinning widely, "It's me, Daydream. I'm here. This isn't your mind doing this, I'm here!"

"No..." Dream whispered, his face paling. He kept to his feet, jumping away from XD.

"That's impossible!! You can't!"

XD took a step forward, and Dream nearly fell with how quickly he moved away.

"Stay away from me!"

"Oh, Daydream." XD said with a sigh, shaking his head in mock disappointment, "Still so human like..."

"I'm still here..."

Dream's eyes snapped open with a cry, and he lunged forward.

"Dream!"

Dream looked around, spotting Foolish next to him, he'd forgotten he'd stayed with Foolish when night fell (A/N to all the weirdos getting the wrong idea... they're BROTHERS.)

"What's wrong, what happened?"

"XD!" Dream spat out, immediately getting yanked into a hug by Foolish.

"He was there? In your dream!?"

Dream nodded, "He said it was actually him...and...that he's still here..."

Foolish shook his head, "He's not, he's gone. You're the admin, Dream. There's no way for him to get here."

Dream nodded, not trusting his voice.

"It'll be okay..."

"We'll be okay..." Foolish whispered afterwards, as if saying it out loud could change it.

:) :) :) :) :) :)