10. Two way road

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Dream stared at XD in wonder, watching as he controlled his magic with ease. From making the very stars in the sky move and change, to just a simple flame in his hand.

"How do you do that!?" Dream exclaimed, staring at XD in amazement.

XD chuckled quietly, "It takes practice and concentration."

Dream huffed, "I can't. I try and then I just can't."

"No, Daydream. You think too hard about it." XD explained, making Dream confused.

"But you said it takes concentration."

"It does." XD said, picking up the seven year old, and setting him down in front of him, "Hold out your hands."

Dream did, and XD carefully placed his underneath Dream's.

"Close your eyes." Dream did. "Now, think about a good memory. Maybe the time where we fed the turtles at the stream, or when you met Foolish, your birthday or Christmas. Just something nice."

"I know!" Dream nearly yelled happily, "The time I met you!"

In a flash, a bright green flame appeared in Dream's hand, and he opened his eyes and gasped.

"I'm doing it! Look, XD! I used magic!" Dream yelled in excitement, "It's so pretty!"

XD smiled fondly, "It is. Remember, Daydream. The mind is a two way road. It's full of doubt and fear, but also courage and happiness. It all depends on what you chose to use."

Dream nodded, not quite understanding.

"Do not let anyone redirect it. You must always let the good come first. It should go the front of your mind, the evil should go to the back of it, where it'll never be needed." XD explained.

"Oh, okay! Thanks, XD!"

Dream's eyes opened.

He was laying on a bed in an unfamiliar house. The walls were still splintery, indicating that it had been recently built.

He could hear voices.

Dream got up, walking through a small hallway out of the room, it lead to a small kitchen and living room. He realized the ground was still grass, it was definitely built recently.

"Dream, you're finally awake." Foolish said, turning to him. (A/N: Hey you..you're finally awake, huh?)

Sapnap, Foolish, Phil, and Wilbur were there, they all seemed like they were trying to seem more upbeat, except for Phil.

"What's going on?" Dream asked suspiciously. The time with XD was enough to make him paranoid about anything. Especially since the Smp members couldn't tell it was him.

Sure some did...but it didn't stop the hurt from it. The tears that had been she'd hadn't only been for XD's betrayal, but from his friends as well..

"What do you mean?"

"Don't lie to me!" Dream snapped, surprising Foolish, "I'm not clueless and I'm not helpless either! What's going on!?"

Foolish sighed, "We're trying to find ways to ensure XD can't get here. This used to be his world before he gave it to you, we're worried there's a chance he can still get here."

Dream felt dread shoot through him at the idea of XD coming back.

"Then why shouldn't I know about that? I'm the admin." Dream said, sounding suspicious of them.

"We've just been coming up with ideas." Sapnap said, "Mainly small things, we were gonna tell you when we were sure about-"

"Okay." Dream interrupted, walking to the door, "I'll be outside. I'm gonna see how everyone else is doing."

He left, shutting the door with a little more force than necessary.

"He's acting weird.." Sapnap said worriedly, looking at the door Dream had left from.

"It's still Dream." Foolish said, already knowing what Sapnap was worrying about, "XD doing this has really gotten to him. I don't blame him, how would you react to your own brother doing this?"

Sapnap cringed at the idea, before sighing, "It's just...it's hard to see him like this, y'know?"

"I know, mate. But we can't start treating him differently because of it, or seeing him as something we can fix." Phil said, placing a hand on Sapnap's shoulder, "He'll need time and help."

....

Dream walked through the village. There were more people than he remembered. However, he could recognize some.

No one recognized him.

He didn't know what he was expecting, it had been a while since he had been there, and he was an adult now. Not to mention, his eye had finally been healed.

He felt himself growing angry the longer he walked. Dream didn't know what to think of all this. So much had happened. So many horrible things in such a short amount of time, it made his thoughts spin.

He made it to the center of the village, sitting on the edge of the fountain there.

Dream sighed, holding his head in his hands. Everything was so fucked up.

It doesn't have to be. Come back to the Smp. You know you don't want to leave it. You know you miss me.

Dream shook his head, ignoring XD's voice, it didn't matter if what he said was true.

It does

Dream grit his teeth. It. Didn't. Matter.

.......

"Dream, you doing okay?" Sapnap asked. Dream had just been laying on the ground in the sun for a while.

"Yeah, it's just...the void was really cold, so the sun feels nice." Dream admitted, sighing contently.

"I'm so sorry...I'm sorry I couldn't tell it was you." Sapnap said, nearly crying, "I just...I know I can't excuse it or anything, but...I'm so so so sorry!"

Dream didn't answer, instead held his arm out to Sapnap and yanked him down the ground to lay beside him.

"It's okay, I know it's bad." Dream said, "It really hurt, but now you know. It'll be alright."

"I promise I'm gonna help you, Dream!" Sapnap said determinedly, making Dream grin.

"Suuure, because you looove me." Dream said playfully, making the two laugh.

It was the small bits of happiness and good that helped.

It kept the two roads separate.

Am I not good? I've saved and help you many times. You forgive him for so many mistakes, but I make one and it's a problem?

Maybe that's why they couldn't tell the difference between you and the fake.

Dream grit his teeth, turning away so Sapnap wouldn't see the tears beginning to form in his eyes.

Two roads.

What happens when a route changes though, Daydream?

:) :) :) :) :) :)