14. Escape

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Dream stayed the same way he always had since XD had captured him again. Unmoving and silent.

He felt like he was losing his mind.

Being trapped in a cell and forced to stay by his own brother was the reason. However, Dream felt as if he had already been going crazy. Ever since he'd been tortured in Pandora for their story. He hadn't felt the same.

He thudded his head back against the stone brick wall, sighing. Dimly, he wondered if all of the Endermen had escaped. If he had at least been able to save someone.

Dream hugged his knees to his chest, resting his head on his knees. He didn't move.

.....

XD hummed to himself. It was an old song, a very old one. One Dream had taught him many years ago. It was one of the village's songs that had been passed down for years.

He swiped through the server's code, making sure everything was in shape. No one had joined back since those four had returned.

"Strange, isn't it?" XD asked out loud, before remembering that all of the Endermen were gone. That was something that Dream had done to irritate him.

"Oh well. Soon enough, everyone here is gonna be living like it's their normal life." XD laughed to himself. He had decided to let the two humans live for now, after all, it might make Dream more comfortable and less rebellious.

"Guess it's time for a reunion." XD muttered unhappily, as much as he hated for Dream to be around those humans, he knew it would be necessary.

XD grinned to himself, making a dagger appear in hand and idly twirling it around as he walked to the cell. He opened it, and hung the dagger up, ignoring the fearful glares from Wilbur and Sapnap.

He snapped his fingers, and Dream appeared in front of him, falling to his knees with a yelp.

"This is your chance. Do not mess it up, Daydream. I'm giving you mercy. Don't take it for granted." XD ordered, with that, he opened the door, making Dream gasp.

"Guys!"

XD watched Dream rush to Sapnap and Wilbur, alternating between hugging the two. He then ran to Foolish, hugging him tightly.

XD watched with jealousy, before he grabbed the dagger on the wall.

"Daydreamer. This is not just me showing you kindness. It's also a warning." XD said coldly, making Dream look up.

He held the dagger underneath Sapnap's eye, idly tapping his skin with the blade. A small bead of blood fell.

"Do you understand?" XD asked cruelly, a grin on his face.

Surprisingly, Dream smiled.

"I do. NOW!"

XD gasped as something stabbed into his chest, he watched idly as a netherite blade appeared, covered in blood.

He turned around, locking eyes with Philza.

"Is that it?"

"Nope." Phil said with a grin, glancing at something to his right.

XD turned. No one.

"Wha-"

"AUGH!" XD suddenly cried out in pain. It felt as if his very skin was melting.

And that was when he saw it.

Dream and Foolish. Both with their hands out, glowing a bright green.

"DreamXD." Dream's voice boomed around with the power of an admin, "You may be the protector of this world, and can overstep some of my authority. But this place...is mine."

XD hissed in pain as the burning feeling intensified. He glanced around, realizing how many people had gotten in.

"HOW THE FUCK DID YOU HUMANS GET HERE!?" XD yelled, nearly coming out as a shriek from the pain.

"Simple." Phil said, "The Endermen."

XD's eyes widened as realization dawned on him.

"Thanks for visiting the Dream Smp! Tell your friends about it!" Dream said tauntingly, before he pressed something on the admin control panel.

"DAYDREAM-"

"It's just Dream, bitch."

In a flash, XD disappeared. The only trace of him being the blood left on the floor.

.........

"How did you get there?" Dream asked, glancing up at Phil from the chair he was in.

It had been a day since XD was banished. Dream had only gotten the strength to do it from Foolish. The two had combined their power to overcome XD's authority. Even then, it had barely worked.

"Some Endermen showed up in the other world," Phil explained, "They were freaking out, but Ranboo managed to explain what they were saying. They brought us to the End and we knew we had to save you."

"How did you know that would work?" Dream asked, impressed and grateful.

Phil laughed, "I didn't! I just hoped I could scare him enough to stop!"

Dream chuckled, but he shivered slightly at the idea. He glanced out the window. The Smp was looking better. People had started cleaning up once they were certain he'd be okay.

There hadn't been any major injuries, just some burns and what all was gained in the cell. (Not eating had it's effects, obviously)

The main injury, was to his mental state. Dream was paranoid now, and constantly on the lookout for XD. He could barely sleep some nights. There were good days and bad days. Some so bad he would freak out when anyone got near.

Despite all that, he still kept trying to get back to the life he wanted.

"He's gone, mate. He's never coming back." Phil said as Dream stared out the window, knowing what he was thinking.

"What if he comes back?"

"We'll get rid of him. Again, and again. As many times as we have to. He's never going to get you again." Phil promised, and Dream nodded, a small smile on his face.

A knock rang out, and Phil sighed.

"I bet that's Wil and Foolish. A simp and a brother." Phil said with a chuckle, going to answer the door.

Dream laughed, before falling silent and leaning against the window, feeling the sunlight against his face.

Today was a good day.

:) :) :) :) :) :)