9. Sorrow and Hope

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Foolish stared at the stars above, seeing traces of smoke and smog in the air.

He remembered all the times he, Dream, and XD would look at the stars together, especially when Dream was young. He always seemed to live space.

The imposter is gone. Killed, actually. Everyone realized it wasn't you. I'm going to save you, I promise

Foolish hoped Dream would hear, hoped he wouldn't give up. He had seen Dream in impossible odds, all he needed was a little hope to not give up.

.......

Dream's eyes flew open, and he looked around. The room seemed darker, but he realized it was from the lanterns being put out. There was a note on the night stand.

He picked it up;

Hello Daydream

You fell asleep after finding out what happened
I put you to bed.

If you need anything, ask the endermen, or you can walk around the castle.

I'll be back soon

-XD

Dream out down the note, a sob nearly escaping him at the reminder of what his friends did.

Could they really not tell...?

He began to feel tears run down his face, and he held his head in his hands.

The imposter is gone

Dream's eyes snapped open, and he looked around. He heard someone other than XD. But who else could get to the End?

Killed actually.

Dream felt a sob escape him when he realized. Foolish! He hadn't given up on him, they still had the connection! But he felt confused, they'd killed the fake him..?

Everyone realized it wasn't you.

Tears began to run down his face, he had hoped so much that they had realized, that they were just angry at the fake and not the real him.

I'm going to save you, I promise.

It fell silent after that.

Dream hugged himself, processing everything. XD had showed him what happened, the fighting and attack. Something must have happened afterwards that XD didn't want him to see.

He stood up, going to the door and opening it. He walked down the grand hallways, and reached the main door.

Dream hesitated, unsure about what he was doing. He quickly thought up an excuse, pushed the door open, and walked outside.

It was always eery how quiet the End was. The only sound being his own footsteps, the warble from Endermen, and the occasional static, or crackling sound from his communicator.

He had figured out pretty early on it didn't work in the End.

He walked around, the obsidian pillars coming into view, and he walked until he reached one of them.

He glanced up, able to see the bedrock portal. Dream thought about running to it, jumping in and getting out of there.

He took a step towards it, getting closer. He knew what would happen if he got too close.

Without warning, Dream suddenly turned and sprinted to the edge of the Endstone.

"DAYDREAM! DON'T YOU DARE!" XD's voice seemed to thunder throughout the entire End.

Dream dived off the edge, falling into the freezing void below.

Dream fell out of the world.

......

Foolish opened the door of the broken up community house so hard it was yanked off the wall.

"DREAM!" He yelled, seeing nothing, it hit him then.

The world spawn.

He ran to it, shoving past branches and breaking blocks along the way. He could hear other people running that way too.

Foolish felt himself break into tears. A bright, neon green hoodie came into view.

"DREAM!"

"FOOLISH!"

Dream ran towards him, slamming into Foolish's chest and hugging him. The two were sobbing, not letting go of one another.

More voices were heard, and soon the entire Smp was there.

Dream looked around at everyone surrounding him, he looked nervous, yet relieved.

"Dream...I'm SO SORRY!" Sapnap nearly yelled, "I just....I didn't...I..."

Dream nodded, "It's okay. I don't know what I would've done in you guy's situation."

Dream's face suddenly turned worried, "XD is gonna come back...he won't let me just leave."

"We'll fight that bastard if we have to!" Wilbur yelled, getting agreements all around. But Dream shook his head.

"He's too powerful for us to fight. We gotta do something else..." Dream said, fear visible all over his face.

"What can we do?" Sapnap asked, he looked scared too. In fact, everyone around did.

Dream shut his eyes tightly, "Abandon the server. If we make another one without the End, XD won't have any access to it."

Everyone could see how much he hated the idea. The Smp was his life's work. All of them had been living in it for a while.

"Are you sure that's what you want to do?" Foolish asked, his eyes filled with sorrow.

Dream nodded slowly, "It's our only option."

He turned to everyone, "I'm sorry...but, we can't stop to grab things. Otherwise XD might try something. We gotta do this now."

The admin control panel appeared, and Dream went through it quickly. With a press of a button, a portal opened up behind him.

"Go!" He ordered, everyone going to it and jumping in. Some looked around one last time before going in.

"See you on the other side." Sapnap said, lightly nudging Dream's shoulder, and jumping in.

Foolish took Dream's hand, and they looked around one last time. Dream had tears falling down his face. Every world was precious to an admin, so it hurt having to abandon one.

They stepped through, entering a place Foolish hadn't seen in years, his eyes widened.

"Welcome to my home world." Dream said slightly bitterly.

The portal shut behind them. Dream immediately went to the world commands, and disabled the End and any access to it, no matter who it was.

"We'll be safe here." Dream said, although his voice was weak and exhausted, "You guys can start getting supplies or building what you like."

Dream began walking somewhere, Foolish, George, and Sapnap following. They eventually reached a destroyed house.

"Remember this place?"

Foolish nodded, how could he not?

Dream stepped inside, looking at everything, before immediately falling to his knees and sobbing. The three immediately went to his side, comforting him.

"Why did it have to be XD!?" Dream kept sobbing, "Why couldn't it have been someone else!?"

There was no answer to that.

:) :) :) :) :) :)

You still have your connection to me. Don't lie to yourself. No matter what happens, you still care. You need me.