~ 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 ~

I woke up quickly at the sound of my phone ringing from the table next to the sofa. I coughed a little before answering and gently put Jeongin's head down on a cushion as I carefully moved from under him.

"Is dad okay?" I asked Mingi as soon as I had answered.

"Yeah, we're on our way back now, I'll see you in 5."

Instantly, my mind woke up now and I looked at Jeongin on the sofa then the state of myself. Five minutes??

"Jeongin, Jeongin wake up." I shook his body and his eyes opened looking up at me. His sleepy eyes were soft and a little sore.

"Y/n what time is it."

"It's 11am, we slept in and my brother is on his way here." He shot up on the sofa and quickly moved the blanket, which he quickly reapplied over himself when he realised his state. I picked my clothes up and put them into a drawer of my bedroom as I put some fresh ones on. When I went downstairs I saw him sitting up holding his head a little to wake himself up.

"I'll get us some water." I rushed to the kitchen while Jeongin put his clothes back on and I saw him reorganising the sofa to make it look inconspicuous.

"Here." I passed him a glass which my eyes examined his adam's apple move as he drunk it down in one sip.

I put the rubbish that was on the floor into the bin and then I heard the door swing open wide.

"Dad!" I ran up to him giving him a deep hug.

"Y/n, I'm sorry."

I shook my head, "Why are you sorry, you didn't want any of this like us."

Mingi walked in now and waved to Jeongin. I finally let go of my dad and brought Jeongin up to him.

"You weren't properly introduced the other day... it was not great timing. But dad, this is my boyfriend Jeongin."

He shook hands with him firmly giving him the smile I knew which meant he approved of him.
"Nice to meet you."

"You too sir." Jeongin bowed respectfully and my eyes glistened watching him being so cute. Yet last night told me so different. Before I could daydream about it for too long Mingi tapped my shoulder and held out some food in a brown paper bag for me.

"I got food out, did you want some?"
I opened the bag and saw two freshly cooked slices of pizza from a shop.

"This looks amazing, Jeongin have one of these, there are two big slices."

"Never had pizza for breakfast before." He commented before taking the other eating it hungrily. I drank my water while eating and checked my phone for any other messages. Thankfully, no one needed anything important so I could just shut off, todays college lesson wasn't until 2pm.

"Chaeyoung has just rang me, I'm off to pick her up, see you all later." Mingi waved to us and we saw him leave out the front door.

"We should probably head out too, I could do with some fresh air before college."

Jeongin was right behind me and we waved bye to my dad as we left too.

"I left my car on the school carpark yesterday."

"That's so funny, I hope it's still okay. In highschool, a kid kicked a football and it went straight through a teacher's car's windowscreen, it shattered everywhere."

"You're giving me the impression we need to run to college." My mouth opened laughing as he grabbed onto my hand pulling me into a run after him as our figures moved down the quiet street. It felt peaceful here, and I was happy.

————————

Thankfully, when we got to the gates we could see Jeongin's expensive car sitting there without a scratch and I heard him release a breath he was holding.

"My baby is okay." He ran up to it now and got in the front drivers seat waiting for me to join him.
"We still have two and a half hours before college starts, can we go somewhere."

"What about the park, we can sit and watch the ducks on the river."

He cutely laughed at my suggestion but agreed it was a good suggestion.
"Okay, it's definitely a relaxing time passer."

A/n: I changed it so that when Jeongin stopped talking to her a month passed before the party rather than just a week!!

So we sat there holding hands as the gentle flow of the river rushed by. Thinking back it was such a chaotic 2 months but I didn't regret anything. Although Jeongin hated me to begin with, it shows that anything is possible.

A duck came up to us and Jeongin tried to stroke it but it tried to bite his fingers so he quickly stood up moving away from it. Just that had me laughing for ages and he only came back when it had gone back to the safety of the deep water.

"Who would have thought ducks don't like you at first too."

"Yah, it did like me, that was it's way of showing affection."

I giggled to myself and he put his arm around my shoulder pulling me to lean against his side.
"Let's just stay like this for an hour."

"Mmm, that sound's perfect."

Through that hour I must have fell in and out of sleep but Jeongin's presence was just so safe to me now. I was excited to see how our future would turn out together and I was sure he was too.